Sunday, July 22, 2007
Redecorating
My mom & sister recently visited us. Their trip was the catalyst for a few changes - we finally redecorated the kids' room and that has motivated me to begin a new blog to display our efforts. We made a trip to IKEA, where we found lots of inexpensive picture frames. My mom, Brianna, and I had a painting party where we painted all the frames, signs, and furniture to match. Thus a new color scheme was born - blue, yellow, green, and orange. I love the way it turned out. We also moved the furniture to make the play area more accessible and fun. And we painted the "frame" of the whiteboard right on the wall to make it stand out more. I used my friend Jess's awesome Cricut Machine to cut out the letters for the signs that say "Imagine," "Create," and "Laugh." And I bought wood letters and decoupaged patterned paper onto them, and then glued them onto wood to make Asher and Kaia's name signs.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! I'm the first to comment. :) I love your new blog. So fun! I need to add it to my list of favorites. Your apartment is so cute. We need to visit. I will defintely have to consult you when I decorate Davin's room next.
Keep blogging!
I can't wait to see and hear what you post next! We miss you guys and want to visit your cute place. The kids room looks great. Keep posting lots of terrific pictures!!
Post a Comment