Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I want to go to Katie & Chris's house...I love it!"

This is what Kaia said every time we got in the car to drive from one destination to another on our recent vacation to see friends in North Carolina. This is the first time I can ever remember her spontaneously saying she loves something except Asher (she likes to hug him and say, "I love you so much, Asher. I just love you so much, Ash!" We had a great time with our friends, and I think Kaia really loved having access to a backyard all day every day. We certainly saw the merits of having outdoor space that you can call your own. The first couple days of our trip, Kaia kept trying to break out of the yard because she was convinced there were animals just on the other side of the gate. I guess she thought we were near a farm because of all the trees everywhere. We went on a walk to find some animals and the only one we found was a dog being walked by its owner! Here are some of the highlights of our trip:
We went to the beach in Wilmington.

We enjoyed a baseball game in Durham, NC. Kaia loved pointing out the "animal" - the bull that was the mascot for the Durham team.

Kaia liked goofing around with these "rabbit ears" near a waterfront walk in Wilmington, NC.

Asher celebrated his 1 year birthday in NC! He loved his carrot cake!

2 comments:

Katie said...

We had such a great time with you guys! Thank you for coming to visit us! Davin cried as soon as you pulled out of the driveway. He knew that wherever you were going, you were going to have fun and he wanted to go too. I think he misses having Kaia to run around with (I know I miss having you guys around!). Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys again soon because we always have a great time when you are around. Thanks for being such great friends!

Becca said...

What a great trip! I'm excited about your new blog and I really love what you did with the kids' room - it looks great!