Thank you so much to everyone who commented so far! I really appreciate the feedback. The pronunciation we would go with is Layla, but I don't like how it looks spelled like that. So here's the Name Poll, Part II...which spelling of the two below do you prefer?
Leila Marie OR Laela Marie
I initially liked Laela better, but recently I have been leaning more towards Leila because it is spelled according to Hawaiian pronunciations like both my name and Kaia's name. Let me know what you think!
As for the boy's name...I had a dream at about 4 months pregnant. In the dream, I was trying to remember a dream where I had heard the most natural name in the world for our baby (at least that's what I thought in the dream). That name is Cole. I have no idea if it was inspiration or just a crazy pregnancy dream. :) The middle name will be Alexander, which was my great-grandfather's middle name. I'm not 100% sure if I'm sold on Cole. So if Hermie is a boy, his name will most likely be either Cole Alexander or Noah Alexander. You can give your opinion on either of those if you want, too.
In other news...this seems like a strange thing to blog about, but it's something that will have a huge impact on our lives so it seems strange not to mention it. Peter was called as bishop this last weekend. We're just starting to get a taste for the time commitment required by this calling. I will be released soon as Relief Society president.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
My vote is Leila, possibly because I'm used to the Eastern European Lejla. And I like the idea of keeping the Hawaiian spelling theme. I love the combination of first and middle names.
As far as boy names, I don't think my opinion should matter at all, but I prefer Cole.
I love Leila. And congrats on the hubs being bishop. Or I'm sorry. Or both. You guys are amazing!!
I like Leila! Laela looks kinda weird...but that's just me.
I also like both boys names. I'm leaning towards Cole. It's very cute!
i like leila better too. and i agree that both boy's names rock, but for some reason i like noah better...
I like Leila myself. Hmmmmmm, Cole and Noah are both cute....and of course you know I like Alexander! ;-)
Bishop Christensen huh?? Congrats and condolences! He will do great!
I like Leila, because that is how I've always seen that name spelled. I think it's funny how we both just posted in passing that our husbands were called/released as bishop. I hope the first few weeks are going well. :)
definitely leila. and either boy name is great. if you want to stick with all hawaiian names, noah is actually hawaiian, right?
I'm with the majority too on Leila. So pretty! Cole is really cute too, though Noah could fit with the whole bible theme with the boys in your family (Peter and Asher). I think it is funny that one of the meanings for Cole is "swarthy, coal-like." Apparently this baby, boy or girl, is inspiring names that reference darker complexions. I will seriously laugh if he/she is blonde! :) BTW, congrads to Peter! Wow! I'm glad they are releasing you! :) That would be a little much.
Wow! Lots of changes coming up. I had heard that Jeff was released and have been wondering who the new Bishop was. Peter will do a great job!
I think Leila looks more 'right.' I think Cole is a very cute boy's name.
I like the Leila spelling best. And I am torn with the boy names. I love the name Noah, but Cole Christensen sounds ADORABLE!
I agree with everyone else - definitely Leila. Ooh, both Cole and Noah are so cute - Noah would go with the Biblical theme (Asher).
Whoa! Congrats to Peter and good luck! Big changes coming your way!
I vote for Leila as well.
Wow, you guys continue to be busy. I saw that they released Jeff, and my first thought on who the new bishop could be was Peter. He will be great, but I am glad they are releasing you--that would be way too much!
I'm throwing in a vote for Leila as well--it fits most language's pronunciation systems, which could come in handy...
I think Peter will be a great bishop. He's been well-prepared. My mom loved the times when my dad was a bishop, I think because of the ways that being a bishop helped him grow and the blessings that came with the calling.
I really like Laela. And Noah for a boy because I've always really liked that name. Oh, can't wait to find out what you have! Congrats to Peter! Your family will definately be blessed. How lucky for Jersey 2nd Ward to have your family in it. You are truly amazing! We miss you!
Oh my gosh, peter is bishop! good luck with the time commitment. Names: Leila, and go with the dream, cole.
I'm back because I just remembered that the midwife who delivered Lily was named Leila, and she pronounced it Lay-la.
Also, congrats/condolences on the bishop calling, I'm sure Peter will do a fantastic job.
Peter! ha! Awesome. okay, now seems like the perfect time to pull out some of pictures from college....let me find those around here somewhere :)
Hi- i am late on the response..but i like Laela. And i can't believe you have a bishop in your household!!! Good though, you'll be released...that would be way to overwhelming, i am sure!
Cant wait to hear about the new baby!! How exciting for you guys!
Wow -- what an adventure for your family. I guess if you were already the RS President, maybe Bishop's Wife won't seem like as huge of a burden! Or maybe it will . . . you'll have to keep us posted.
I personally like the look of Laela better, but now that you mention it, Leila seems to fit best with your family and your name spellings. I think people will be able to pronounce it. Convincing others to spell it right might be a bigger challenge, but most people go through that!
So fun to run into you in the city the other day. When next month do you want to get together?
I'd have to say Leila too in keeping with the Hawaiian spelling. And both boy names are cute, although I'd probably go with Cole.
Congrats to Peter--he will be amazing. Your ward has sure taken advantage of both of you and your talents, as well they should!
Post a Comment