Moments after these declarations, Kaia came bounding into my bed and said, "Mom, do you want to come see the ponies? I'm making them beautiful. I snipped a little bit here and a little bit there to give them a haircut. And I put hairspray in their hair. We're saloning them!"
Let me backtrack a moment. Yesterday Kaia was the recipient of oodles of My Little Ponies from an older girl at church who was done with them herself but wanted to pass them on to another home where they would be loved. She picked the right place!
I wasn't sure how Asher would respond to all these girly toys in the house. As it turns out, he loves them, too. When Peter saw last night how much Asher was enjoying them, he jokingly told Asher in a manly voice that he didn't want to play with them...but then Peter admitted that he used to love braiding the hair of his sister's My Little Ponies (but don't tell him I told you :).
On Sunday afternoon, Asher did something that I'm guessing is a boy thing - he stuck a bead up his nose! We were on our way to pick Peter up from church once his responsibilities there were done. As we walked to the car, Asher said, "I put the bead in my nose." I turned around and asked, "Are you joking?!" Sure enough, the bead was in his nose. I was pretty scared as this is the first time either of my kids have done something like that. I called Peter in a panic, not knowing if I would need to go to the emergency room (I know I was kind of overreacting). I gave Asher explicit instructions NOT to touch his nose anymore (he had been pushing the bead up higher in an attempt to get it out). Then I let Peter have the job of extracting it with tweezers. The joys of parenting! (You're all spared from seeing the inside of Asher's nose since the bead was removed before we got a picture of that. :)

8 comments:
Ah, kids, life will never be dull.
Oh what funny stories. Every girl has to cut hair at least my little pony was her only victim. I am so glad you got the bead out. That would not be good. I love your prego belly. You look marvelous. You are so close!!
Crazy kids!!! So cute! I can't wait to find out about your new baby and take at look at Hermie!
Your kids make me laugh. It looks like it's always an adventure at the Christensen home. And yes, it is definately a boy thing! LOL.
At least they were cutting pony hair, and not their own!:)
I'm so glad it was just pony hair! The last time I heard Emma discussing cutting it was her own hair she was chopping off...
There is never a dull moment in your house, is there? I love the stories you tell us of your kiddos!
I walked into the room this morning to discover that my toddler now has bangs--courtesy of her four-year-old brother. Interestingly, she apparently stood patiently while he played beautician, but wanted nothing to do with me when I got the scissors to even things up!
You're lucky the bead was in a nose not an ear...Lily played that trick on me a few years back and it was not fun!
Post a Comment