Monday, October 19, 2009

Shake your what?

You know those times when you say something in front of your kids that you immediately wish you hadn't said? That happened this last week when we were watching a friend's daughter. The little girl was really getting into dancing with the music from our keyboard. Without thinking I exclaimed, "Shake your booty!" I followed that immediately with, "Oops, I shouldn't have said that." I really didn't want to be the one to teach my kids that saying. Of course, Kaia immediately asked, "What's a booty?" I tried to deflect her questions by just saying it means to dance and shake your body. Later in the day, Kaia looked up at me with this look on her face like she was trying to remember something. Then she exclaimed, "Move your buddy!" I like her version much better.

Kaia has recently taken up dancing as a hobby. I don't mean with dance lessons - this is just spontaneous, uninhibited dancing in the comfort of our own home. It shocks me because I am an extremely inhibited dancer. I would rather do just about anything rather than have anyone see me dance. Here's a sample of her new dancing skills:


Move your buddy, girl!

7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Great dancing =)

Kristi said...

Adorable! Love that she is in her costume just like you said she always is!

Naomi said...

She definately has it going on! Look at those moves! Love her costume! :)

gretchen said...

Too cute! And I love that she's still having fun being Pocahontas. :)

Monson Family said...

She has some impressive moves!

Elizabeth said...

She's pretty good!

Lisa said...

That girl does have moves! Love it!