Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Valentines

I'm a couple days behind in getting this post up. That seems to be the story of my life these days. As long as I don't worry about making it on time anywhere or getting any type of project done on any sort of schedule, we have pretty enjoyable days. So I'm trying not to be overly stressed about punctuality while I still have a newborn (is a three month old still considered to be a newborn?).

Anyway, I love my Valentines...


Peter asked me a week or so ago (in an impromptu discussion of our marriage and how it's changed over 8 years and 3 kids), "We still have fun, right? I cleaned the stove tonight." That sounds like fun to me! My family knows that neither me or Peter are the most sentimental people in the world. We don't go all out in celebrating V-day or even our anniversary. But to me, it's all the little things on a daily basis that make me truly appreciate my amazing husband. This is a guy who will take out mounds of trash for me, cook dinner when he has the chance, get up countless times with kids in the middle of the night, and clean the stove every time I get it dirty (I have not cleaned our stove once in the 3+ years we have lived in our condo). I know he loves me by these daily actions.


The kids wanted to make Peter special Valentines gifts. If Asher has a personality trait that is shining through these days, it would be thoroughness. In this case, he grated this carrot until it was almost non-existant. Kaia wrote this card for Peter (or Pete or Pet, as she decided to write); I helped her with the spelling. The picture quality isn't great; the card reads: "KAIA FROM (she accidentally wrote her name first) DEAR PETE HEARTS LOVE XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX"

6 comments:

Emily said...

your valentines are real cuties! I know what you mean, we aren't very sentimental either. Sometimes I wish I was better and being lovey dovey and doing creative romantic things...but I'm just not...oh well. :) That's great that Peter does all those things for you...you're a lucky girl. :)

Jennie and Adam said...

I love your new header! Kaia's pose fits her to a "t". I'm glad Asher didn't grate his finger in his efforts at thoroughness--what cute kids!

Sara said...

I love the family picture. So, so cute. Those little cupids are darling. I think marriage gets sweeter with time. The little things are what mean the most and not the things that you can buy. I think you guys have that down!

Mistie said...

love the new pic at the top. also, how sweet your valentines are! love Kaia's note and the fact that Peter cleans your stove... you are a lucky woman!

Monson Family said...

I love the special carrot gift from Asher! Very sweet! :)

Naomi said...

Your blog makeover is awesome! I love how it matches your family photo! Asher is too funnny, he can come and grate carrots for me any day!