I was lightly chastised by the pediatrician this last week at Leila's 4 month appointment (how on earth is she 4 months old already?!?). When the doctor put Leila on her tummy, she asked if I've been giving her any tummy time. I hemmed and hawed for a minute and then pointed at the two other kids who were climbing all over the room. That should make it clear, right? Besides being afraid that one of them might step on her, Leila doesn't particularly like being on her tummy and her older brother is quick to rescue her and flip her onto her back. She still is "stinking cute," as Kaia has taken to saying. I LOVE all of her little sounds:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I know what you mean about fear of putting the little ones on the floor. But another pediatrician at that office told me once when I was concerned about a child not being potty trained once, he'd never seen a kid going to college in diapers. I think the same is true with many things in childhood....I've never seen a kid going to college who can't roll over....I think he meant not to worry, they'll do it eventually. :)
I definitely understand the fear of putting her on the floor. I think I got a similar chastisement at Lily's 4-month appt. It was such a relief when she learned to sit up, although it took a while for Johnny to learn that it really wasn't fun for her to be knocked over. Now she's close to crawling, which means I get to worry about choking hazards...
Love Leila's baby sounds in that video clip =)
Does any kid actually enjoy tummy time, though? I always thought I was torturing Scott whenever I had him on his tummy. She'll figure it out!
And I can't believe she's already 4 months old! I love the cute baby sounds. :)
aww, those cute little baby noises are the best! I still can't get over how stinking cute she is.
and ditto to what emily said. ;)
i agree with kaia. she is stinkin' cute. i had edie on my lap while we watched the video you posted and every time Leila made that cute noise at the beginning of the movie Edie cracked the biggest smile and made some cute noises of her own!
Four months does seem to have gone by quickly!
I just saw your post on homeschooling. I'm not sure how I missed it, but I thought it was great.
We live in an area with great schools, but I'm going to be homeschooling my kids next year too. We'll have to compare notes. I wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment