


...you get to have recess with your siblings.
...you have your drawing lessons at the park (while Asher practices his photography skills ;).

...you wear knee-high socks with mismatched sandals! Just kidding. Only Asher can pull off a style like that!

And, hello!! I seem to be back to blogging after a LONG break. I haven't read others blogs or updated this one in months. During my break from blogs, I was spending a lot of time pondering my priorities. The simple fact is that there are too many things I would like to spend time on and too little time to do them all in. I needed a period of time when I was hardly ever on the computer so I could figure out how I really want to spend my time. I've recognized that I absolutely must be spending time for my own spiritual development - praying and studying the scriptures - so that I have the help of the Spirit to be a better mother. And I can see that some other things that are really important to me - like studying Chinese, scrapbooking, and reading good books - need to be included in my life. When I'm on the computer, time just seems to be sucked away and those other things don't get included in my life. But now that I realize that I have to plan those things into my life first, I'm ready to try to include blogs and other computer time into my life in a more moderate way.
By way of an update, I am LOVING homeschooling!! A couple of years ago, I had read somewhere the words of a homeschooling mom who said that she didn't really start enjoying motherhood until she began homeschooling. Although I wouldn't make quite so drastic a statement, I can see what she means. Up until we officially started homeschooling a couple of weeks ago for Kaia's kindergarten year, it was too easy for me to put my own priorities first. Now I have committed to putting my kids and schooling first and I am enjoying motherhood so much more. Amazing!!

4 comments:
What better place to have art lessons than in the park?
That's really cool that you are enjoying homeschooling so much. And the pictures in this post are fantastic, especially that last one of Kaia with the paint-covered hands!
WOW! I can't get over how much your kids have been growing! So glad that homeschooling is going really well for you. You are amazing!
WOW! I am really impressed you are homeschooling. You are so patient though and such a creative mom- i am sure you are great at it. Best of luck with that. And good for you for stopping and prioritizing what is important and then following through. that sounds refreshing. i need to do that.
and i agree with Naomi- your kids are growing so fast!
keep in touch!
I really like your thoughts about the computer sucking your time away. I really admire you Maile!
Post a Comment