Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Banana Peel, Anyone?

Peter and I were awakened by Kaia's cries in the middle of the night last night after she fell out of her bed. She joined us in our bed and we thought nothing more of it until the next morning when she said, "Mommy, my shoulder really hurts," after trying to sit up. We ended up spending the day driving from one doctor to the next. Kaia was very excited to get a "bone picture," aka an X-ray, that would show her bones like the dinosaur bones at the museum. As it turns out, her middle-of-the-night fall broke her collarbone. My poor baby! But this kid is as tough as they come. She hasn't shed a tear about it. Every once in a while she'll just say, "My shoulder still hurts, Mommy."

This morning she ate a banana while she lay on our bed. At one point I peeled the banana; I meant to hand the peeled banana to her, but I accidentally handed her the banana peel instead. She started giggling and said I was "silly." Then this evening, trying to delay bedtime, she kept saying, "Mommy you gave me a banana peel when I hurt my shoulder. That was so silly!" She really is one tough cookie.

I didn't have a picture from our excursions today, so here's one showing how she was dressed for her birthday yesterday:

2 comments:

Brandon and Sienna said...

She is so cute in this outfit. I am trying to figure out if I put the card in upside down or if she is just opening up the card upside down. You never know, a three year old or a 22 year.

Maile said...

I think it was just the 3 year old opening it upside down!