Friday, October 26, 2007

Lani!

The morning Kaia broke her collarbone, she suddenly became extremely attached to her stuffed animal tiger. She asked me, "Mommy, what's my tiger's name?" I told her she could name it anything she wants. She looked like she was at a loss, and Peter came to her rescue suggesting the name Lani (I've chosen to use the Hawaiian spelling; for pronunciation, think "Lonnie"). Kaia decided that would be a good name. She brought Lani with her to the doctors offices and told me all about the adventures she has planned to take Lani to the playground and the science center! By the end of the day Kaia was repeatedly telling me, "I really like Lani. Mommy, I just really love Lani. I really love Lani's name." These exclamations of adoration are still continuing 2 days later.

Yesterday Lani had some fun adventures with us. She did get to go to the science center with us. And she got to be a princess! Kaia decided she wanted her in princess dresses so she (or I) dressed and undressed her all day long.

Aside: the tough girl who didn't shed a tear over her broken collarbone, cried ever so dramatically in the bath last night about having to get her hair washed. Go figure!


3 comments:

Brandon and Sienna said...

I think you guys need to move to California, I miss you all way to much. I love Lani, he is so cute.

Allison said...

good news! collarbones heal. i broke mine when i was about her age. good thing lani is there to help her out.

Unknown said...

Lani is one good sport. I'm not sure I would be able to handle the dresses and crown. Although at a recent party Kaia did make me where a tiara...