Thursday, November 22, 2007

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The weather was exquisitely beautiful here today - in the mid-60's for Thanksgiving! We figured we couldn't miss this opportunity to head into the city for the Macy's parade. We haven't been since before the kids were born, and they're at an age we thought they'd really enjoy it.

I digress for a moment for another Kaia-ism, or should I say duck-Cinderella-bird-horse-ism? Let me explain. Recently I've gotten into trouble when I've called Kaia "Kaia." I get corrected with, "No, Mommy. I'm Cinderella. And you're Anastasia!" Lucky me! I get to be the less attractive, whiny stepsister! But at least Kaia has been far more willing to help with housework around the house! Well, I slipped up this morning and called Kaia "Kaia." She said, "No, Mommy. I'm not Kaia. I'm duck-Cinderella-bird-horse." Okay.

An amazing self-portrait.




Duck-Cinderella-bird-horse enjoying her favorite part of our Thanksgiving meal - butter, plain old butter.

5 comments:

Brandon and Sienna said...

Wow, I must say that these last blogs have been quite amusing. I am just thinking to myself that I would like to eat plain butter as well, maybe that is how we can get Kaia to talk on the phone with me. Bytheway, those vests are way too cute. I would love to borrow the pink one. I can't wait to see you guys, they are both way too cute.

Allison said...

Zachary seems so plain compared to that name. Why didn't we think of that first???

Maile said...

Unfortunately, Kaia has given up all but "Cinderella" as her name now. I'm not sure why on earth she'd want to lose the "duck-bird-horse-sheep-chicken" part (yes, she added a couple more animals after I posted this story. =)

Erica said...

Hey girlie-
At least I can keep track of you here since I never get to make into the JC anymore. Yesterday Allen called me and Peter was talking to him in his cube. Not fair that they get to see each other!! We better find a way to see each other soon!!

Rhett, Angie, and Rion said...

Kaia is so funny. Rion just loves her. You guys are brave going to the Thanks Giving day parade. We went to see the balloons the night before, and chickened out of the parade because of the crowds!! We will have to get "Cinderella" and Rion together again after Christmas. Rion loves seeing Kaia, and always asks if we can go to Kaia's house!
Talk to you later,
Angie