Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Freebie!

This green chair was recently left in the lobby of our complex with a note to this effect: “Free! There is nothing wrong with this chair; we just wanted a change.” I immediately knew it would fit perfectly in our living room. The color is perfect, and I thought it would make our living room a tad bit more upscale than its predecessor, an IKEA chair smeared with Vaseline and lip gloss, among other things.



Peter, good man that he is, carried the chair all the way down the long halls to our home, not grumbling a bit because he completely trusted in my vision. =) A side benefit to getting the chair is that it motivated me to finish a throw I’d been working on sporadically since March. My vision of where the throw would end up had begun to dim, so I hadn’t sewn the squares together and I had almost stopped any progress on it. But as soon as I saw the chair, I knew the throw had found its home. So I worked like a madwoman over the next several days and this new addition to our living room was complete!


2 comments:

Allison said...

daaaaang you've taken knitting to the next level. wish i could still be in the knitting club.

Erica said...

First...holy awesome free chair. That sucker is beautiful. And look at that throw. You truly amaze me!! I am so incredibly jealous at your talent!!