Sunday, February 1, 2009

Proud Mom Moments

As we were sitting in sacrament meeting today, Kaia kept leaning over and whispering in my ear, "The tree of knowledge is wonderful, Mom! It is so wonderful!" (I taught sharing time in Primary today on the story of Adam and Eve.) Kaia then decided she wanted to bear her testimony in church today for the first time. As soon as she told me, my heart started pounding and I was already nervous, but Kaia kept saying, "Let's go! I want to go tell them my testimony!" I was hoping she would just say things on her own when we made it to the microphone because I think children's original thoughts and beliefs are so much cuter than anything I tell her to say. However, she wanted me to help her so I whispered a couple of things that she then repeated - the typical, "I know the church is true," etc. Then I asked if she wanted to say anything else. She whispered something to me and I told her to say it, so she proudly declared, "Jesus is alive!" That really was the best line of the whole testimony!

Then over dinner Kaia decided to sing a song to us about Jesus. She told us it was a really long song with 5 verses.

Can you tell we've been studying the creation in Family Home Evening?

10 comments:

Lulu said...

kaia is so cute. i love how she bore her testimony, it was the best.

MaryAnne said...

Kaia's song is great!

Naomi said...

That was the shortest 5 verse song I've ever heard. Kaia it was awesome!

I loved her testimony yesterday. It was so simple and yet so true. She was very cute!

Jess said...

What a great song! Perhaps they need to make an addition to the Primary Songbook...

Nathan said...

I love verse four. I believe I heard, "then He created the.. in the. Thats 4!"

gretchen said...

Kaia is so stinkin' cute!! And she did such a good job yesterday.

Brandon and Sienna said...

Eamon just loved Kaias song, he was just staring at the computer!

Mistie said...

That is so sweet that at her age she is the one eager to bear her testimony. I wish i could have been there in person. What a cutie!

Mistie said...

K- now i just listened to the song she sang. Oh my gosh! I fell in love again with little Kaia. Seriously. She is so cute. And getting so big. I love her lisp and i love how she kept counting each verse. SEriously, she melted my heart. What a love!

Christina said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. And yes, "then He created . . ." Thanks for sharing the new Kaia song. I need to stay tuned in to get all the latest Primary stuff, remember the Fancy Lessons? We don't have those here in CT yet.