Sunday, April 26, 2009

In case you're wondering...

...why I've been blogging less.

We're finally making the jump to baby #3! I'm just over 12 weeks along, due November 6. I feel so busy with life with 2 kids that it's hard sometimes to remember that I am pregnant...unless I'm desperate for a nap. Plus, I just got called as the new Relief Society president in our ward, so I think that will also take away from free time for blogging and make life crazier even before baby #3 arrives.

Here are a few stories/observations from my pregnancy thus far:
*I usually don't make comments about my body, but I think Kaia must have overheard me express my concern when talking to my sister on the phone that my belly was going to pop out a lot sooner with a third pregnancy. At bedtime one night, Kaia began stroking my belly and said, "Your tummy is bigger! It's beautiful!" I'm not in maternity clothes yet, but I can tell I'm about to head into that awkward phase when my normal clothes will stop fitting but I won't be big enough for maternity clothes - any suggestions for what to wear during that time?

*I've been surprised by how good some foods have tasted this pregnancy. In my other 2 pregnancies, my taste buds seem to take a vacation and nothing tastes as good as it should. But so far with this pregnancy, I've actually wanted to eat Asian food and I requested takeout Indian food a couple of weekends ago. Peter was shocked that I was gobbling up even the spiciest dishes.

*Speaking of food and cravings, I dreamt about beef jerky one night - yeah, I literally dreamt about it. How weird is that? And then I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. Finally, I headed to Target with the kids at 4:30 in the afternoon to get what we needed for dinner - a meal of beef jerky, fruit leather, and Yoplait yogurt - yum! But I haven't really liked beef jerky since then.

*Kaia is at an age where she is really excited about having a new baby. She also likes the idea of naming the baby. She'll often say things like, "If we have a girl, we're going to name her Chloe, and if we have a boy, we'll name him Joe!" Okay. A few of the other name suggestions have been Yaella (named after a girl we met) and Tree or Jason for a boy. I think I'm retaining naming privileges for this one.

19 comments:

gretchen said...

Holy cow! Congratulations! That is such happy news! :) I would definitely veto the name Tree. :) And as for that awkward in between stage, I really like the Bella Bands. I bought one in white and one in black and they were perfect for wearing over your unbuttoned regular clothes. And you will make a fantastic RSP! Good luck with everything!

MaryAnne said...

Congratulations!!!

Sounds like you'll be very busy, too, being RS pres.

For the clothes issue, try jumping up a size. That's worked well for me (it also means you have non-maternity clothes you can wear in that awkward post-baby phase before you get back to pre-baby size).

My then-4yo brother would have named me Train, if he had had naming privileges...

Kristi said...

Yipppeee!! I am so happy for you guys!! I have been meaning to ask you what your decision has been about the whole kid number 3 situation, but I guess I now know! I can't wait to see what the baby is and names you pick. I think that is so fun!!
Good luck with the pregnancy and your new calling. What a busy time of life for you!!

Brandon and Sienna said...

chloe is really cute, zoe is too.

Becca said...

Congratulations on Baby #3! That is very exciting!

How fun about your new calling - you will do such a great job. I'm sure they will miss you in Primary though!

Jennie and Adam said...

Congratulations! I'm a big fan of the bella bands too. What fun news!

Lulu said...

kaia is soo cute. i love the conversations that she has with you. I like her name suggestions, Chloe, Joe (Joseph); and I like Jason. Tree is cute too, but kids are cruel these days, and I'm sure they'll find many ways to make fun of that name.
But either way, I'm happy for you! If you need any help for anything...let me know! You know I'm always here.

Stacey Mom said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys. And the new relief society pres, you don't be busy or anything.... Exciting things have been going on for your family. We miss you guys, we'll have to get together soon.

Christina said...

Hurrah! Congratulations, I'm so glad for you! Good luck with the RS gig. You will be fabulous!

lori said...

Oh, Hooray!!!!! Congratulations!! Maile, you are such a fabulous mother! I'm so glad that another little one will be lucky enough to come to your home! (And sounds like the ladies in your RS are pretty lucky, too!)

Good luck juggling everything on your plate! Hope your pregnancy is as comfortable and safe as possible!

Nielson Family said...

How exciting!! With kids as cute as yours why would you ever stop?! We can't wait to hear what gender this one will be!

You will be the most wonderful RS President! How lucky the sisters in your ward are. Good luck with all the busies that go along with that calling.

We have really loved having Sienna & Micah here these past couple of weeks! We only wish that you were here too!!!

Take care Sweetie!
Jeanette

Monson Family said...

Congratulations! Maile, you call me anytime if you need help with the kiddos! 208-569-0476.

As for the names, I love the name Jason. Maybe that one shouldn't get veto'd right away :)

Sara said...

How exciting! We are so happy for you. I hope the tired phase doesn't last too long, it is hard to keep up with everyone. I love the beef jerkey story. We will be wondering what is on the menu the next few months at the Christensen house.

Mistie said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. that is so exciting. you are such a great mom Maile- really you are. your kids really are lucky to have you. Glad that food is tasting good. With my pregnancy with Seni, i didnt feel like eating ANYTHING until like 20 weeks. Anwyay- best of lukc with the new calling. i am sure that must be a bit overwhelming...but really i can't think of anyone that would do a better job after naomi. good luck!

Jess said...

Wow, pregnant and RS president! I'm exhausted just thinking about it, though I'm a huge fan of your offspring, and you will make a great president. Hope you get a nap every now and then!

Lisa said...

Hooray! Hooray! So excited for you! And you know I have to comment on being Relief Society Pres... You'll be fantastic!!!! I wish you were my RSP!!! :) (nothing against my current one of course...)

Allison said...

wahoo!!! Congratulations!

Krystin said...

congrats on being prego! Let me know how the jump to three is. I am very hesitant for it and want to wait at least 3-4 more years. Sounds like it's going good so far as long as you can eat!! cute names too! :)

Liz Stanley said...

congrats!! excited for you guys