Monday, July 6, 2009

"Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language." - Henry James

We spent our afternoon underneath a weeping willow tree. It was lovely. It included a picnic lunch, a couple of chapters read aloud of The Trumpet of the Swan, flower smelling, dinosaur games, and tree climbing, among other things.

My feet always tire long before the kids' feet do, so today I brought along a camping chair. I made some progress on the blanket while the kids worked on their photography skills. :)

All in all, the three of us took a total of 127 pictures! 32 were some variation of these "beautiful roses" that Kaia loved.


This picture is my personal favorite:

Kaia was excited to find a pet beetle. It even shone turquoise in the sunlight. She was quite disappointed when it flew home before we made it to our home.

7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Your blanket looks great! I made blankets for Emma and Johnny, but I haven't even tried to this time around. Not sure what my problem is...

Brandon and Sienna said...

What a fun day! I was so excited Kaia talked to me on the phone, yea for princess party!!

Anonymous said...

love the blanket, the pattern and the colors. you have great style! yay for summer!

gretchen said...

What a lovely day! And I can't believe how much work you've finished on your blanket already--it looks fantastic. :)

Sara said...

What a fun afternoon. The only thing missing was lemonade with an umbrella. I love the pictures especially of Kaia!

Paula said...

What a lovely day! It sounds like the kind of outdoor day Charlotte Mason recommends for children :-)

Emily said...

Ooh, what good knitting blogs have you found?