That brings me to the main topic of this post...I'm changing the colors I'm doing for my blanket. I did love the greens, but for some reason the monochromatic scheme just wasn't grabbing me as I searched for patterns. Instead, I found myself gravitating to pictures like these (from this blog post) with so many beautiful colors:

I always love color, but there must be something about pregnancy that really brings it out in me. Asher's blanket was also a rainbow of color. (Was he really so little and new?)
Without further ado, here are the colors I have chosen for a ripple blanket like the one in the first picture. I think the colors work for either a boy or a girl, but if you think otherwise, you can let me know now before I start making it! Also, I'm not planning on putting the colors in rainbow order - does anyone have any suggestions on how to order them?
I want to thank all of you who commented on my last post. I appreciate your input on everything. I agree with many people who talked about combining chocolate with another color - I LOVE chocolate with green, pink, blue, turquoise, orange...almost any other color, really. And I really am quite convinced that I'm going to wait until the baby is born to learn its gender. Lulu knows me well, though - I think I would find it very difficult to be at another ultrasound appointment with the possibility of finding out and decline the opportunity. So, Becca, thank you so much for sharing your friend's experience of having the technician write the gender down and put it in an envelope. Then I'll have time to decide whether to find out early instead of making a rash choice and regretting it. That's the update for now!

13 comments:
What a sweet picture of little baby Asher!! :)
I think your yarn layout looks really good just the way it is!
BTW, cute story about Halloween. ;)
I think the way you have them laid out looks great! Colors are so fun for babies, there is too much blue/pink separation anyway. I love baby clothes with a splash of color like red or orange - for boys or girls.
I LOVE the colors and the pattern! I agree the way you have the colors laid out looks great as it is.
love the pics! you're gonna have to teach me how to crochet better. lol!
the colors are great in the order they're in.
what i usually do when it comes to organizing color, get crayons that are the same color and scribble different orders of color to see how they compare and which one is best.
and i'm glad you're doing the envelope thing. whenever i go to your house i'm going to desperately want to peek inside to see what it is....bwwwahahahahaa! ur really going to have to hold me back.
love the colors! Very nice choice! I totally remember Asher that young! Feels like a million years ago!
I think the blanket will be beautiful. And I have to say that I usually don't think newborns look anything like what they look like later, but newborn Asher totally looks like what he looks like now.
Hilarious Halloween story. What made you think of that?
The colors are great AND they look fabulous the way you have them, however, if you are looking for another idea, switch the green and light blue out and see how you like that. It puts the complementary colors closer together . . . but you never know if it is right until you see it.
That Asher has always been a little cutie!
On second thought, that puts both blues together . . . maybe not!
i think you should find out. It is hard enough for me already. I love the swivel blanket, will have to talk about the colors though.
Sorry we haven't talked for so long--we have lots to catch up on! Is there a good time next week that I can call you?
Girl - I had no idea you were so talented with your crocheting! Asher's blanket is just gorgeous! I'm excited to see how the new baby's turns out!!
I really like the colors. I think it's so funny how Asher still totally looks like that baby picture. Some babies (like mine) have kind of a baby look for a while before they get their real look...but not your kids...they have their look from the very beginning. :)
I love that you are putting so much thought into your blanket...you'll have to tell your baby that when he/she is older! I love lots of colors too.. it will be adorable. Hope the pregnancy is going well! Can't wait to hear if you decide to open up the envelope!! That is a great plan though i think...
Post a Comment