Sunday, August 30, 2009

Utah

Well, life has been a little crazy around here to say the least. On top of all the normal life stuff, we just got home from a wonderful vacation in Utah. I'm so sorry to all of you friends we didn't get to see. The trip was jam-packed from beginning to end, most notably with the wedding of Peter's sister, Anneke, and a 4-day vacation-within-a-vacation for me at Education Week at BYU, with my in-laws taking care of my kids. This was the first time I've ever been away from my kids - EVER. It was a little overdue. :) And a lot wonderful.

I thought I'd just post a sampling of pictures to give an overview of our trip. This is not at all a complete picture of our trip, but it shows a few of the highlights (there were many).

Kaia got to meet the pilot on the flight to Utah. She had created a couple pieces of artwork on her own initiative, and this earned her the chance to march right up to the cockpit to meet them. (Asher started to cry when they asked if he wanted to come in the cockpit; maybe he thought they'd try to get him to fly the plane?)


We got to see my baby brother Micah for the first time in 2 1/2 years since he returned home from his mission to Taiwan.


My kids absolutely adored being outdoors. On at least one occasion, our kids spent 9-10 hours outside in my in-laws yard. Having a yard is the one thing I really long for.


The wedding party:




On a camping trip, which I opted out of at 6 1/2 months pregnant (and went to see my grandma instead):




My sister, Sienna, came into town for a few days with her adorable son, Eamon:


We had a really tough time getting a picture of the cousins together (Eamon is my kids' only cousin so far). Maybe Asher's stinky feet were the problem?


We went hiking in the Uintas. Kaia proves that you can be graceful anywhere.


We had a great time and now we're settling into being home again. I hit 30 weeks pregnant on Friday, so I'm going into some form of panic mode realizing that a newborn will be joining our family sooner than I probably feel ready for. I think my nesting instinct is in overdrive - I don't feel an overwhelming urge to clean, but I do have a list as long as my arm of projects I'd like to complete before the baby comes. Thanks to my mom's help watching the kids while she was in town, I did finish the most important item on the list - to finish the scrapbook documenting me and Peter falling in love in China. I feel a great sense of relief now that that's done. If I could only finish every other item on the list, I'm sure I'd feel completely ready for a newborn again...ha ha.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Every other item on the list?? Hmmm, nice plan!

Kristi said...

So sorry we didn't get to see you, but it's totally understandable! I can't believe you are THAT far along so far! I can't wait to see what that baby looks like! Good luck getting everything done....wish I could be back in Jersey to help out! Give me a call sometime!

Jess said...

How fun that you got to go to Education week by YOURSELF! And your dress at the wedding is absolutely adorable.

Sara said...

What a nice summer trip. The mountains look wonderful!!

Rachelle said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip!! I got to attend education week too-it was so nice.

Jamie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! It's so funny/sad how our "city kids" love the outdoors so much. Getting back to real life after the vacation is always the hard part for me. :( Good luck getting your nesting list done!

Emily said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. I also can't wait for a real backyard. :)

gretchen said...

You all look so cute at the wedding! Glad you got a vacation! Good luck with your to-do list, but don't stress about it too much. :)

Naomi said...

Sounds like you had a really fun time in Utah. So glad you got some time to yourself. I'm sure it was very much needed and definately deserved. Can't believe you are already 30 weeks along! Crazy how time flies by!