This all seems to have changed 3 days ago. 4 days ago we bought him a new package of Cars underwear. He woke up the next morning wanting to wear Lightning McQueen. I told him he needed to go use the potty before he could put the underwear on.
A couple of minutes later, I walked into the bathroom and Asher made the following announcement: "I went pee and poop, Mom. I'm potty trained now!"
I wasn't really planning on potty training a week before going on vacation (to visit my family for Christmas in Florida), but I figured we might as well run with it. It's been 3 days now and the only accident he's had was one time when he didn't get unbuttoned in time.
Asher's pretty excited about one thing in particular: "Now I can go to the ball place!" Let me explain - in the past, I've tried to motivate Asher to get potty trained so he could join Kaia in the "ball place" or kids' play area at IKEA. Of course, I myself had dual motives in encouraging him - both to get him potty trained and to look forward to an hour of shopping by myself (now with Leila, but she's relatively easy when it comes to shopping). Asher later added some detail to his statement: "Now I can go to the ball place, and Kaia can go, too, because she's already potty trained. Then we can be friends in there!"
I decided to spare you pictures of Asher in his unders (he likes to wear them backwards so he can see the cool pictures when he looks down although I'm working with him to break that habit :). Instead, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of the kids dressing up as I was nursing Leila the other day. Kaia had the brilliant idea to dress in Asher's clothes and vice versa. Asher was fair game for a while, but partway through our little photo shoot he started to run away. Kaia yelled after him, "Stop, Ash! You're not going to be delicate anymore!!"


The kids had fun, but it's probably a good thing for Peter's sanity that Asher was Batman by the time he got home. :)

6 comments:
Yea for Asher, they are so funny dressed up in each others clothes. Can't wait for less than one week until we get together.
Oh my goodness I burst out laughing when you said he wears them backwards to see the picture. That's hilarious! (And Kaia totally looks like your twin! Wow!)
Just gotta say that that is awesome! Asher is such a sweety! I'm glad he's on his way to being fully potty trained.
Congrats! Now a couple more years before the next one is due for the same fate. lol
Hurray for Asher! I totally understand having to wait longer for boys to potty train. I couldn't believe all the girls EZ's age who were potty trained before he even began to show interest. Now I just hope that means Netta is going to figure things out sooner.
Good job Asher sweetie!!! What a champ! I sure do love how girly Kaia is with all of her dress up clothes. What an adorable family. Have a great time in Florida. Soak up that sun!
Too funny! Isaac has been potty training for a while too. He wanted to wear lightning backwards so he could see the picture, but it was pretty uncomfortable b/c of his big booty.
Post a Comment