It literally took one hour - a complete 60 minutes - to get everyone outfitted and out the door to go sledding. It wasn't until we reached our courtyard that we realized it was raining! But Grandpa Vern declared, "We told the kids we would take them sledding," so off we went. We fully tested the waterproof promises of our boots and snow pants - and they did really well. The kids had a blast. Asher even sled down the hill about 10 or so times (as opposed to his usual 1 or 2 trips) until he just ran out of gas and sat on the hill until Kaia was done. We're so glad we had this brief opportunity to spend time with Vern.
The geese preceded us on the hill:

6 comments:
What a good grandpa to go sledding with his grandkids!! So cute!
That looks like way to fun - Eamon misses his cousins dearly!
Looks like nothing stopped you guys. The rain was kind of a downer, wasn't it? Well, I guess it wouldn't stop us either if it took a good hour to get ready. LOL. Looks like they had tons of fun and what a great grandpa!
Sounds like a blast, and now you can tell the story about the day you went sledding with grandpa in the rain! Cute kids!
How fun! I want to know about the waterproof snow pants!
Hi this is Samantha over at the little hands big work blog. I just wanted to thank you for you nice comments and also give you an idea of a way to play that game in doors. You could put out old pots, buckets, a balance beam, or anything the kids could step on and then say that the carpet is the water or lava and have them step around. I remember doing this with my sisters when I was young and I am going to do it with the boys this week:) Have fun!
Post a Comment