I had never actually eaten huoguo before, so I was a little nervous but I told Peter I would go along with it if he really wanted to do it (the ingredient list he found on one website made me nervous - stomach innards and such - but we stuck to the more basic ingredients of sliced pork, rice noodles, and some cabbage and other vegetables). Much to our surprise, our kids LOVED it! They even attempted to use their chopsticks. Kaia has taken to saying recently, "Mom, lets pretend we're Chinese people." All through the grocery store she was calling me "ma ma" - the Chinese for mom. They're really getting into everything Chinese.
Kaia looked at the camera when I wanted to take her picture, so I told her to just eat normally. Instead, she totally hammed it up. :)

8 comments:
That is an awesome picture of Kaia. How do kids know they look cute?!?!
What a great idea! I'm so glad the kids liked it....my kids are very adventurous with food as well and I love it!
I think it's so awesome that you guys can share these traditions together and with your kids!! What fun!
OK that is too funny. It must have been go the Asian store on Monday, you are the third person who went on Monday! (We went too) Too strange. I love the dish. The Japanese have a similar dish and our kids have loved it we haven't done it for a while. Kids just love to eat with chopsticks! Kaia is pretty good. Not surprised!
Love that your kids are eating with chopsticks. I tried for Chad on my Valentine's Date and I failed miserably! Looks yummy.
Stomach innards--yikes! Glad you stayed away from that! That's so awesome that your kids are up for eating ethnic foods, instead of being picky eaters. What's your secret?
Yummy! Thanks for making me salivate. Because I am not huge enough already.
Huoguo is the BEST! How yummy!
Post a Comment