But here's what's been happening in the present: Peter took Asher on his first Father & Sons Campout this weekend. They had a great time, although Peter decided to ask Asher if he saw any dragons when they took a hike through the woods at night. Asher was scared by this so Peter had to tell him that it was a nice dragon and it had flown away. Then they started looking for rabbits and squirrels instead. The only wildlife they actually saw was a frog.
In the meantime, Kaia and I had girls time. (Peter took this picture when he got home, but it shows what we spent a lot of our time doing.) Here's a synopsis of our time spent together:
$1 - red box movie rental
$1.23 - bananas
$1.29 - Cool Whip
$0.50 - yogurt (for a dinner of bananas dipped in a mixture of Cool Whip & yogurt - yum!)
Kaia's spontaneous giggles throughout Horton Hears a Who - priceless

The kids have been doing a whole lot of bike riding recently - Asher is a pro now! The kids can ride the 2.5 mile loop from our house to the playground and back.
Here's the peanut butter chocolate treat I was mentally, and then in reality, drooling over this afternoon:

I can't take credit for the picture or the recipe (mine didn't turn out nearly as beautiful, but they are good - seriously, amazingly good). Click here for the recipe and blog where the pictures are found.
Asher and the kids enjoyed some reading on the couch this afternoon.
Then Asher enjoyed a long hour and a half nap. We tried diligently to wake him up to no avail. He was gone. The days of playing outside in the beautiful weather have obviously taken their toll.
And now, as Peter is trying to convince him to go to sleep, Asher is saying, "My no need to go to sleep. My already went to sleep before!" It could be a long night. :)

9 comments:
I have been waiting for another post and am so excited it's here. I wish I could have been at the girls night, it looked like a lot of fun.
Love the pictures! I can't believe you are going to have baby number 3!! So exciting and a little bit scary! Call me soon so we can catch up!!
Hurrah for Boy's / Girl's Night! It looks like everyone had a blast!
It was a weekend well spent by all. I love the girls night activities. Don't you love fun on a bargin!
So fun for mom and dad both to have a buddy =)
I'm so excited you'll be in town for Ed week!! We'd LOVE to see you! I'll be in RA training much of that week, but I'm sure we can work out a time! That will be so fun!
Good luck with your juggling act! If anyone can do it all and do it well, I'm sure it's you!
it looked like you guys had so much fun girls/guys night out.
nina went to the grocery store today w/ grandma and grandma had to call me and tell nina to tell me what she was saying (so that grandma could understand), and she said..."I want Kaia an Asher." lol, it was so cute.
we'll see you guys soon.
I've been thinking about you and how busy you must be. But sometimes it is good for pregnancies to seem to go by quickly!
PS. Asher is getting so big!
How fun for all of you! Those PB cups look amazing (and simple!). I'll have to give them a try. :)
sounds like a fun campout for the boys. i wonder if my ward does that? ashton would love it. Asher has SO Much hair. It is adorable. Your kids are growing fast...and i am so excited you'll have a 3rd here soon. And best of luck with the RS calling...i can only imagine all the time that involoves. Good LUCK! miss you guys!
Post a Comment