First, a little test to determine whether or not you should continue reading this post: if you let your kids jump on the couches, read on. If you don't, you may want to stop here and catch up with me on my next post. If you decide to read anyway, you have been forewarned!
So Monday morning dawned gray and rainy. The kids have become quite excellent at bike riding and have really fallen in love with it. I knew it was going to rain most of the week, so when it wasn't raining when we first woke up on Monday morning I told the kids we would take the bikes out for a while if it still wasn't raining when I finished showering and getting ready. Of course, it was raining by that point. The long and short of it is that I did let my kids ride their bikes in the house. Shocking, I know! In my defense, the kids tires still looked pretty clean since we'd only been outside with them a couple of times; plus, we have all wood floors except for a couple of rugs and my floors were in desperate need of mopping anyway. I figured they couldn't make the floors much worse than they already were, and letting them ride in side really saved my sanity. Every time they got a little antsy, they would just hop on their bikes again (I did enforce the rules of wearing their helmets and shoes at all times on the bikes). And they had good practice maneuvering corners while they rode in circles around the house. (I know that was the last time they can ride inside; we took the bikes out a couple of days ago during a break from the rain and Asher just had to ride through every puddle, water and mud, and there's no way I'm letting him track that around the house.)
Could you say no to this face?
Today was another rainy and dreary day, but Kaia figured out how to entertain herself. She loves to play in the bathroom sink with bubbles and buckets and such, so I usually just leave her be when she's entertaining herself in there. Well, today when I went to check on her I found that she had decided to give herself a bath! First she turned the stool upside down and filled it partway with water, using her bucket and watering can. Then she lifted it and put it in the bathtub and gave herself a bath with the shave gel I'd forgotten to put away (which is now basically gone). I was pretty impressed by her resourcefulness.
Later today I was busy cleaning up one mess, only to turn around and see that the kids had carried every pillow in the entire house into the kitchen and piled them up. Their original plan was to jump from the top of the couch onto the pile of pillows. I immediately nixed that idea, but I told them they could jump from the floor onto the pillows. Who needs a trampoline?
All in all, we've had a great week!

10 comments:
You are a great mom and I totally have let my kids do just about every one of those things!! Sanity is more important than a couch, in my opinion!
Great job for letting them ride their bikes. Kids aren't made to be cooped up inside all day. I've about gone insane w/ hyperness/yelling from the girls this week. Looks like today should be good.
Ugh--that's so frustrating when the weather keeps you cooped up inside! Looks like you made the most with what you had, and no one can fault you for that!! :)
Wow, I love how creative your children are. I think homeschooling could be a good fit for these two litle ones!
What fun memories your kids are making!! I love their creativity -and your williness to let them enjoy life!
Sounds like your kids had a blast - and they're very good at finding ways to entertain themselves!
To fit three carseats across the back seat of our car, we bought one slimline Combi Coccoro and were able to make that work with our two Eddie Bauer carseats. I don't actually like the Eddie Bauer seats, but they're what we have. The Coccoro looks really comfortable, even for a newborn, but a little small for an older child. I know Radian makes slimline seats that are supposed to be great for older kids but not so good for rear-facing. I paid $152 instead of the list price of $199 for the Coccoro by buying it from Babycatalog.com - it was on sale and then I had a 10% off coupon code...
You are awesome! Fun, fun, fun! They look like they had a blast.
Hey cous.....I lost some of my blog address when I changed, and I just found yours again. How have all you been???? when are you coming to Utah again?????
OH MY HECK...I just saw the other post....YAHOOOOOOOOOO your prego again. Do you know what you are having yet?
I'm so excited for you.
Post a Comment