GIRL!!!
Leila Marie Christensen was born Wednesday, November 4 @ 12:31 p.m.
As it turns out, I was only 1 for 3 in my accuracy of predictions with this birth.
1. I was sure this baby would be an October baby, but she held on until November 4, which was actually Kaia's due date (although Kaia was born almost 2 weeks early).
2. I was pretty sure this baby was going to be a boy, but I was definitely wrong!
3. I did have a feeling that this was going to be a pretty fast labor, and I was right on the mark with that one. My total labor was 4 1/2 hours.
To say Kaia is thrilled about having a sister is probably an understatement. In fact, she broke into spontaneous song earlier this morning: "She's a girl! She's a girl! I'm so happy she's a girl! You're a cutie patootie - oh yessiree!!!"
There have been several declarations that "She is The Adorable." And even: "She's the cutest thing in my whole fancy life!"
In preparation for coming to the hospital, Kaia got dressed in all kinds of fancy clothes to teach Leila what it means to be fancy. She also made Leila a necklace so she can "be a Native American girl." Kaia's going to be a great big sister to her little sister.
Asher's first question when I talked to him on the phone once the baby was born was, "Did Leila Marie pop out of your belly?" I think Asher's getting used to Leila being a girl, but he did ask me, "Why is Hermie not a boy?"
My mom with the kids:
Seeing Peter in the hospital bed got some chuckles from the nurses. Peter was a little embarrassed, but I got tired of sitting in the bed all the time and his couch/bed was not nearly as comfortable.
On our way home:
I was planning to write some of Leila's birth story here (I know some people are interested in my experience using Hypnobabies), but that will have to wait. I've just sent my mom and Peter out the door with the other kids to go shopping at Costco. What a contrast to when Kaia was born! I was nearly terrified to be left alone with a newborn. Today I could hardly wait for everyone to leave so I can just enjoy Leila and a quiet house. I realize I can use this time to get lunch, shower, make the bed and tidy up the house, sit on the couch snuggling with Leila, or finish writing a blog post. I'm thinking getting lunch and snuggling with Leila are my top priorities right now, so I'll get the story up when I can.

28 comments:
Congratulations, she's gorgeous!
I'm so envious of your 4.5-hour labor. Mine started out so nicely with Emma and have turned increasingly nightmarish with each subsequent child. I'd love to hear how hypnobabies worked for you.
Congratulations Christensens! she is beautiful and that last picture you posted of her I think she looks a lot like Asher. So glad you are doing well and that Leila is finally here!
Congratulations! So glad things went well and that your mom was here. Things always work out. Leila already looks like a Christensen - so cute!
Hurray! Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I think you should totally enjoy snuggling in peace and quiet. It's kind of say but honestly right now the most exciting part of being pregnant for me is the thought that in 6 months I will get to spend 2 days in the hospital by myself with people taking care of me. So snuggle away!
wow! congratulations!!! she's so perfect and tiny. enjoy your babbymoon to the fullest. kaia is SO cute and i'm sure will be a wonderful older sister to beautiful little leila. i can't believe a 4.5 hour labor - that's incredible. i can't wait to read your birth story. (i'm in the process of finally posting mine on my blog too... three months late :-)
Yeah! Congrats to you all! I love the name, by the way...lol!
I was so sure it was going to be a boy too.
Glad to hear that your labor and things went fast and smoothly. Can't wait to get a look at her. From what I see in the pics, she looks like Peter, or I should say Asher! She's a doll!
Oh Congratulations!!!! She's darling. And I have a picture of Charlie sleeping in my hospital bed too.
CONGRATS!! So happy for you you guys. She is beautiful! And i am dying about Kaia and her "fancy stuff." She cracks me up.
Take it easy Maile with the tidying up!! This is your time to rest!
Mistie
Wonderful news! We're so happy for you guys. Leila is adorable.
What wonderful news! I was just wondering today if you'd had Hermie or not. She is beautiful--Enjoy her!
I was thinking about you yesterday wondering what baby happenings were going on!! Woo hoo!! She is lovely and it sounds like everyone is doing well. Can't wait for more pictures!
She's gorgeous! And quite lucky to have Kaia to instruct her on the ways of the world. :) Get some sleep and we'd love to hear more stories whenever!
Oh my goodness! She's gorgeous, and hope everyone is doing well.
So cute. She looks like a Christensen already. :)
She's adorable! Congrats, I love all of Kaia's comments about the baby! Thats so funny. I'm glad she's out!
How exciting!! She is such an angel! I love the comments from each one of the other kids. They look like they are beaming with happiness over their sweet sister. I hope you get a few more days of quiet with your sweet newborn. I think that was why I loved getting up at 2 and 4 in the morning, it was my quiet time with my baby. A huge congratulations.
What a beautiful little addition to your already beautiful family:) Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for Kaia that she has a baby sister:) That picture of her holding her is so precious! And please remember!!!! No cleaning allowed by you for at least a week or more!!!!!
Congratulations!! She is stunning. Sounds like things went perfectly. Can't wait for more pictures of that beauty.
And, I just need to add- Kaia is adorable and will be the best big sister on the planet!!
Congratulations Maile! She is just sooo beautiful. How fun to have another baby girl!
Hooray for little girls! She's beautiful! Congrats!
So glad she's here!!!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!! And I love Kaia's excitement! That is so precious!
Good luck to you all in these newborn days!!! You'll be in our thoughts! Can't wait to see more pictures!
She's absolutely gorgeous! So glad she's here--we can't wait to meet her in person! Yay!!!!!!!!
Oh Congrats!!
She is just beautiful! Glad things went so well... can't wait to hear about the Hypnobabies. Awesome!!
How beautiful! I love all of your adorable children!!!
Congratulations to all of you! She is a cutie patootie! I'm looking forward to hearing your story!
Hurrah! Congratulations. And I remember how I felt when I FINALLY got a little sister. She is so stinkin' cute!
Congrats to the Christensen family!
I am so happy that everything went well, and that you ended up with a cute little girl. The blanket is perfect for her, and so is the name.
Post a Comment