The kids helped me make a "Congratulations on Graduation!" poster for the door. I was having Kaia help me think of things to say. My favorite is when I asked, "Should I write 'You're such a hard worker?'" Kaia said, "Yes, and 'You say a lot of prayers!'" We have said a lot of prayers to help us through this time in our lives.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
"Congratulations on Graduation!!"
These are Kaia's words for her dad tonight. After 2 1/2 years of balancing part-time school, full-time work, and family and church responsibilities, Peter is officially DONE WITH HIS MBA!!!!!!!!! (I might be a little excited. =) He just called me and he is on his way home from his last class of his MBA career. I am so incredibly proud of Peter. He has been so good at balancing all the different responsibilities in his life. I have been amazed at his selflessness in giving up nearly any free time in order to still make time for me and the kids. He has worked so hard the last 2 1/2 years (plus the months before that studying for the GMAT). He has pushed himself with goals and has had amazing experiences. I am so grateful that he decided to work and go to school at the same time so that I could have the privilege of staying home with our kids. I am so grateful for the help Heavenly Father has given us during this time; he has given us (or me) increased patience and helped me see the positive even when it's been a challenge. As hard as it has been at times, I can see so clearly now that we have developed skills that would have taken us so much longer to acquire otherwise. Since we have had so little time to share with Peter, we have become pretty good at making the time we have with him quality time. Again, I am so proud of Peter and so grateful we have made it to this step.
The kids helped me make a "Congratulations on Graduation!" poster for the door. I was having Kaia help me think of things to say. My favorite is when I asked, "Should I write 'You're such a hard worker?'" Kaia said, "Yes, and 'You say a lot of prayers!'" We have said a lot of prayers to help us through this time in our lives.
The kids helped me make a "Congratulations on Graduation!" poster for the door. I was having Kaia help me think of things to say. My favorite is when I asked, "Should I write 'You're such a hard worker?'" Kaia said, "Yes, and 'You say a lot of prayers!'" We have said a lot of prayers to help us through this time in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Woo Hoo!! Wow you guys, I'm so happy for you. Another year and you'll be able to say the same for us! Enjoy the freedom.
Congratulations Peter! I'm sure it was more work than we can know. Contratulations to you too Maile!!You did a lot of hard work also.
Congratulations!!!!!! We are so excited for you!!! What a tremendous effort for the entire family. What will you do with all of your free time? :) Good luck on your trip to Singapore and Utah. I'm sure there are still prayers to be said.
Yeah! We feel your joy! It is such a great accomplishment. Good to see life is going well.
OK Sorry I deleted the other comment. Didn't know what I was doing.
On another note, you would never believe who moved into our ward?! Shelly Burr and her family. Houston is huge, who would have thought!!
Hooray hooray! I didn't know what day it was, so I've been thinking about you guys all week. That, and Emma calls any other kids she meets Asher and Kaia.
Oh yeah, I also love your princess dress on the poster. Kaia's idea, I presume?
way to go peter! The Smiths welcome you to life after MBAs.
Congratulations to all of you - it definitely is a team effort! Can't wait to hear what's up next :)
Yeah!!!
it's finally over, and can totally understand how relieved you feel. i felt the same way after carlos finally graduated. but i'm not out of the woods yet! lol
you're my inspiration, if you can do it, so can i.
have fun with all the dad time that's going to come your way.
Congrats to all you guys!!!
CONGRATS Christensen Family! I'm so excited for you and your family to move on to the next stage. Good luck to Peter this week in Singapore with is job stuff! Love the poster! Kaia and Asher did an excellent job. I'm sure daddy was proud!
great job! An accomplishment for the whole family to have made it through! Good luck with whatever lies ahead!
Congrats!! I am sure that is such a HUGE accomplishment for you, Maile and also Peter. I always admired how calm and collected you were when he was in school and you were often alone. I am sure that was challenging for you as well. You really are such a strong woman! I am sure you look forward to all the many things you can do together now!!Have fun!
Congratulations guys and way to go! That's a lot of work, so what now? If you have time while in UT, let us know.
Post a Comment