Sunday, August 3, 2008

Say cheese!

Kaia has recently gotten really into art of many forms. One aspect of this is that she loves to take pictures and have pictures taken of her or her favorite things. She was using the camera a couple days ago and took 90 pictures of her favorite princess book from the library! Of course, they were all close up and blurry but she was really proud of all her hard work.

Here are some things she has recently asked me to photograph. In the first one, she is posing with this map on the ground and pointing to our science center.

After Asher climbed up to sit next to Kaia on the couch and she stuck her arm around him, she said, "Isn't this cute, Mother? Let's take a picture." (Side note: Kaia has called me by my first name off and on for over a year. I don't know how or why she started, but I figured I wouldn't make a big deal of it and she would grow out of it. Well, it got to the point where Maile was the only thing she called me. Then in Florida, when Asher wanted me, I would hear his little voice calling, "My-lay, My-lay!" So a couple of days ago Peter cracked down and told Kaia she needed to call me Mommy. Ever since then, she has been calling me "Mother," which sounds altogether sassy when she's in one of "those" moods.)

Another side note - notice the turtle in both pictures. This is the turtle from Finding Nemo. I was feeling badly that we didn't get Asher a souvenir at DisneyWorld before we left but Kaia got a couple of Polly Pocket-type Disney princess dolls. We were in the city with my mom & sister when we ran across a Disney store, so I figured we might as well pick something up for him. We knew the turtle was the one when he looked at it and said, "Du(de)!" Then Peter asked him if he wanted to buy it. Asher exclaimed "Yeah!" and then bit him on the eye (he apparently knows the word bite but not the word buy).


Kaia is a coloring, cutting, and drawing maniac! All day long she is asking me to draw princesses, which she then proceeds to color and cut out. Now we just need to figure out something to do with all of them.

And here is Kaia having her very own tea party for a lunch of dumplings, of course having to use all 4 plates, forks, and cups at the same time. =)

6 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! I love your house! I had a great laugh over Asher biting the eye of the turtle.

Lulu said...

oh maile, kaia is so adorable!
when you were telling about her calling you 'maile' and then her calling you 'mother', i could totally hear her little voice in my head. as well as her tone when she would say it when she's being sassy! haha, so cute!

Emily said...

Really cute! I can't wait until Annie is big enough to have tea parties with. I still have my tea set from when I was little. :) I too can totally picture Kaia saying "mother".

Erica said...

"Mother" I can hear it now and I totally love it. I need that girl in my life. And how awesome that Asher bit the turtle. That is a fabulous story!!

Ms. Read said...

Maile: When are you coming to Utah! I would love to have you all over to meet Brighton and then Eric and I can meet all of you too!! We are going to be on our family vacation 8/14-8/19. I think Jordan will be back around the 26th or so - so maybe we can schedule something.

Jess said...

I LOVE how Asher knows "Dude!" So cool. If I believed in arranged marriages, I would totally try to bethrothe him and Emma.

Emma calls me Jess sometimes--she learned it by mimicking Dave. Usually she just calls me mommy, though, unless I didn't hear her or I'm ignoring her and she really wants to make her wishes known.