Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kid stories

I walked into the bathroom where Kaia was sitting on the floor coloring. She looked up at me and said, "No laughin' mattuh. No laughin' mattuh." I asked, "No laughing matter? Where'd you learn that?" Kaia responded, "My body taught me that! No laughin' mattuh. I have to practice."

My kids have been obsessively watching one of the Land Before Time movies that has 4 short episodes on it. The songs in the episodes are ridiculously catchy and I find myself singing them all the time, but my favorite thing is to hear Asher randomly sing a line from one of them, "I feel happy!"

The other night I was lying next to Kaia in her bed for a minute. She suddenly said, "Sometimes when I yawn my legs flip up on the inside because my leg bones aren't as strong but my arm bones are really strong." Okay.

Asher drinks more fluid than I thought was humanly possible. Thus, we always have to change his diaper right before we go to bed so he doesn't soak his entire bed. The other night we didn't change it in time. I was holding Asher while Peter changed his sheets. When Peter took Asher's pillow out of the bed, Asher said, "Daddy take my pillow. No that nice!"

Finally, a bathroom-related story. All you squeamish folks or those of you who are just disinterested in poop, consider yourselves forewarned. :)

I walked into the bathroom earlier today to discover the toilet had not been flushed. I called out, "Kaia, did you go poop?" Kaia: "Yes." Then I realized there was no toilet paper in the toilet. The following conversation ensued:

"Kaia, did you wipe?"

"Yes."

"There's no toilet paper in the toilet."

"I flushed it."

"You couldn't have flushed it because the poop is still in the toilet."

(After a couple minutes of silence.) "I know! It's magic! The poop stayed in the toilet and the toilet paper got flushed down!"

Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is so hilarious! Where does Kaia come up with this stuff. :)

Kristi said...

I so look forward to your kid stories! I think Kaia is one of the funniest kids I've ever known!

MaryAnne said...

Wow, magic toilet paper? Kaia sounds like an awesome kid - they both do!

Jennie and Adam said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has catchy kid tunes stuck in my head!

Lisa said...

Can your magic toilet potty-train Mia for me?? Please!

Swanky Mommy said...

Okay so your posts TOTALLY crack me up. Laney has started singing, etc. but the vocab still isn't quite there for the witty retorts. Oh my--your kids ROCK! :) I lost your e-mail address, so if you have mine, please e-mail me so I can actually send a personal message vs. blog posts only (which are also fun).

Mistie said...

i love the funny things they say! IT is great you are writing them down!