Sunday, November 30, 2008
Guess who I met today?
I wasn't planning to post again until we get home from vacation later this week, but I can't help it. This is just too exciting! So I was at my in-laws' ward today in Park City waiting in the hall to enter Relief Society. I was the only one standing there, and when I looked down the hall who do you think I saw? (Erica, get ready to be jealous :) Mitt Romney and his wife were walking towards me. No joke! I knew I wanted to say something, so, being the super cool person that I am, I did a little half wave as he walked past me and said, "I made phone calls for you!" Mitt said, "I appreciate that," as they continued walking to make it on time to the visitor's meeting. That exchange made my day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Maile, that is awesome! I can't believe you ran into him. You are totally cute the way you handled it! :)
So cool! I have never met him but my friend used to work for him in Washington D.C. and my sister-in-law has them in her ward a lot (I guess one of their sons is in that ward) - anyway, they both tell me what a super person he is in person. Just laid back and very personable. I don't think I'd even get the courage to say anything - way to go!
That is awesome!!! I love that you told him that you made calls for him :-). I'm so proud of my A-list cousin!
Umm...so jealous really doesn't begin to describe. And you didn't think to tell him that you know this girl in Jersey who would glady reinstate polygamy for a Romney man???? ;)
Seriously though, that is awesome. Lucky girl.
Post a Comment