Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Gifts

Since we were heading to Utah for Thanksgiving, I decided to make and take all our Christmas gifts to family at that time to save on shipping. As an added bonus, now that we're back and Christmas is rapidly approaching, I can pretty much relax and enjoy since I'm mostly done (although I was very busy the month before we went to Utah). I thought I would share a few of the things I did in case anyone else is still looking for ideas.

A rainbow of mini-albums:


Block ornaments with pictures of the kids (this was a good project to have Kaia help with):


Some simple thank-you notes for some of the Chinese speaking males in the family:


My personal favorite, a jewelry holder for my sister-in-law Anneke, who makes her own jewelry (jewelry pictured not included): (I found the idea to use a cutlery set as a necklace organizer here.)


This is the wedding present I made for Jordan and Brighton. For years I had wanted to do something with pictures of the "Jordan Ave" and Phelps Ave" signs that I found in our area, but I'm glad I waited because it all fell into place when Jordan got engaged to Brighton and when I received this amazing picture of them in their announcement.


Does anyone have any suggestions of things to send in a Christmas package to a missionary? I'd like to send one to my brother and I don't have any ideas yet.

11 comments:

Nathan said...

I hope those people aren't reading this!

Where is your brother? In South America the cool gifts were always American food: packages of jello, packaged mashed potatoes, cake mix, cookies, peanut butter, chocolate bars etc. I will never forget that peanut butter and those carmel apple lollipops my sister sent me, they were so good! I don't even like those lollipops

Maile said...

Oh, yeah - I forgot to mention that everyone who received these gifts have already opened them so I didn't ruin any surprises with this post. =)

Becca said...

Great gifts! I love the jewelry holder!! Such a great idea. I usually make at least some Christmas gifts but this year I went homemade - just not mine :) I love etsy! I'm storing up ideas for next year so I can get my act together on gifts earlier . . . and gather up the desire to get started.

Brandon and Sienna said...

Thank you so much for posting. I have missed your blog. I will post shortly.

I love the jewelry holder. I have lots of jewelry that needs to be placed somewhere. Wink!

Emily said...

What fun ideas. I like the little mini albums.

Krystin said...

you are so CRAFTY!! i love it... your ideas i will have to use.. thanks! sure wish we could of been up there for jordans wedding. my parents said it was beautiful! i guess we will be able to see part of the fam for seans wedding this weekend though. -Merry Christmas!

Kristina said...

I just sent a package to my good friend and I sent him a big stocking stuffed with all kinds of fun Christmas things.
About the Wedding, her dress is gorgeous. I can't believe Jorden is all grown up..lol.all the kids looked so cute in there outfits, and the baby in his, how sweet.
He looks just like Sienna to a T,super super cutie....
What great Christmas gift ideas, and I love the thing you made for Jorden...you are sooooo creative...how about some pointers.

Jenn said...

You always do such great homemade gifts -- I love it! Thanks for posting the ideas. I LOVE the jewelry holder and am definitely going to copy you. I actually have my jewelry sitting inside a wooden silverware organizer sitting flat on my dresser. It's convenient, but not very cute. I have been inspired! I also like how you put the little bowls at the bottom for small pieces. Thanks, Maile!

Kristina said...

If you get on the birthday list at K.K you can get a FREE 8x10 every birthday for both kids.
I laugh that I inspired you because that was the first pro picture of Brock since he was 2.lol. so I figured it was time to get it updated.

Kristina said...

Hey, will you e-mail me your address,Sienna's address, and your mom and dad address...thank you so much..
olsen.kristina2@gmail.com

Mistie said...

u are amazing! Really! I am so impressed. That is great. And homemade gifts are the best! You are too creative!