I rarely go to the city anymore, but when Peter had an unexpected day off on Friday we decided to head in as a family to see all the Christmas sights. We were supposed to get a lot of snow that day (and we did); I think that forecast scared off a lot of people who might have otherwise come in, so none of the sights were very crowded. Also, we hit all the trains just right - every time we approached the platform, the train we needed would just be pulling up. I loved that! And we decided to not bring the stroller into the city. Asher rode in the backpack and Kaia walked a lot and I carried her as needed. We had a great time.
On the train on the way in:

The Rockefeller tree:

We went to see the large train display at the Citigroup Center building at 53rd & Lexington. Asher
loved it! This is the last year they'll be displaying it.


I thought Central Park looked gorgeous blanketed in snow. If we weren't all so cold by this point, I would have wanted to go and enjoy the quiet and snowy magic in the park.
8 comments:
Wow, you guys are brave to tackle the city in all that snow! That train display sounds like lots of fun.
So cute! Glad you guys had a fun time and braved the snow. I remember fondly the cold and snow in the city.....there's nothing quite like it!
That is so awesome. You really are brave. We are in Sandy and I am scared just to take the kids to Temple Square because of the snow and cold. Texas has made us weak.
Hello guys I have a confession. I went to NYC last week and I didn't call you! I am so sorry. I had your old number on my phone and not your new number. Bad excuse! It was just for a couple of days and it was our anniversary on Friday in the lovely snow and I didn't want to have you drag your kids out in that but it looks like that you were all ready out there. It was fun in the snow! I love the cold noses, next time we are there I will call! Have a merry Christmas!
Oh, I'm sad to hear the trains will be no more! That's something we've done almost every year.
That is something I've always wanted to do, was be in New York around Christmas time to see all the neat things..JEALOUS!!
what a great experience for the kiddies. You are so brave to go in the snow, and cold. In the end I'm sure it was worth it.
FUN FUN FUN....
looks amazing. i love it back there this time of year. and i totally relate and undertand that it take A LOT to up and do stuff like that...but it is so worth it in the end.
so happy you are enjoying christmas time!
Merry Christmas!
Little boys and trains were meant to go together. I've often thought you could take a toy train set to a stone age village and all the little boys (and grown-up boys too) would immediately congregate around it and figure out how to make it work!
It was so much fun seeing you guys last month. I'm glad we can connect in cyberspace!
Post a Comment