Thursday, December 11, 2008

Weddings and more

We spent a couple of weeks in Utah over Thanksgiving to attend my brother Jordan's wedding to his sweetheart Brighton. The whole vacation was wonderful. It was great to see so many family members and friends at the reception that we haven't seen in years.

One of the kids favorite experiences was going to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. We went with my mother-in-law, Vickie, and also met my brother and Brighton there. Jordan encouraged my daughter to pick the flowers in the flowerbed to give a beautiful bouquet to Brighton (or if he didn't encourage her, he at least didn't stop her). In the museum, she was scared to go in a cave because she kept seeing a red light flash in the cave. She said it was the shining eye of a sharptooth, as she ran the other direction (it was really a red flashing light on my camera). Asher loved spending time with Jordan and acted like everything Jordan said was a joke. Uncles are the best!


One of my favorite things about the trip was meeting my nephew, Eamon (ay-mon). He is so adorable, and he makes the greatest, funniest faces in the cutest way possible. I loved snuggling with him. I ADORE being a mom, I really do...but it is really so much more fun to be an aunt. I got all the cuddling privileges with none of the responsibility!



Eamon's baby blessing was the Sunday before the wedding. The following is a picture of the whole family, including a cardboard cutout of my brother Micah (who is currently serving a mission in Taiwan) to use at the reception. It always seemed like someone was watching us.


The pictures in this slideshow highlight some of our experiences on the wonderful wedding day. Although a tad bit chilly, the weather really couldn't have been better for a November wedding (which ours also was - our 7 year anniversary was the previous week!).


We spent the day after Thanksgiving with Peter's family, and we drove to northern Utah where we cut down a Christmas tree for their house. The permit was $12, so they got a 12 foot tree for only $12! Kaia loved playing in the snow.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Great pictures! Looks like it was a fun trip!

Kristi said...

Your kids were so beautiful at the wedding!! I loved Asher's suit. Too cute! I loved the brides dress too....gorgeous girl! Glad you made time to see us when you were here.

Johanna said...

Oh my gosh your kids are too cute all dressed up. We will have to check out that dinosaur exhibit while we are in Utah. EZ will go crazy. I also love all the gifts you made in the earlier post. I have tried to make cute stuff in the past and I just don't seem to have the magic touch.

Emily said...

Your nephew is so cute. I love the funny face. So glad you had such a great trip!

Jamie said...

Asher's little suit is SOO cute!