We haven't emphasized Santa much at all, but kids still seem to pick up on who he is. We saw him at the children's museum in Utah after Thanksgiving, but neither of my kids would sit on his lap (which I'm completely fine with). When Santa was mentioned before bedtime on Christmas Eve, Asher voiced a concern: "Santa no hold me!" I had to explain that Santa was coming not to pull him out of bed to hold him but just to bring a few presents. And Santa did come:
Both the kids got some gifts that they should enjoy for a long time. Santa brought Kaia a little pots and pans set; after seeing it, Kaia exclaimed, "Santa knew just what I was looking for!" She also got a number of arts and crafts projects, including an umbrella with princess pictures that she gets to color with permanent markers and then use as a real umbrella. Again she exclaimed, "How did you know just what I was looking for!?!"
Asher's big present was a Thomas the Train train set that I found for a good price. He LOVES the trains at his Grandma Vickie & Grandpa Vern's house, so we decided having one at home might help us survive the winter a little better. :)
I was really excited when I found out my mom had given Asher a Superman and a Batman costume for Christmas. I was hoping these would break him out of his princess phase. :) Sure enough, he had to try them both on as soon as he opened them. I explained that the Superman cape would help him "fly" when he ran around, and he spent the rest of the day telling us, "My can fly!" When he opened Batman, he recognized the logo on the shirt right away and put that on, but when he saw the hat/mask he said, "My no wear that." Later he decided he was brave enough and he tried it on. I took him in the bathroom to see himself in the mirror and he said, "My scared," so I asked him, "Are you scared?" Then he said, "No, my just pretend." I think he's just downright cute.

5 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! I love having kids at Christmas - it really makes it magical!
I'm glad that you had a great Christmas! Chris and I had a great chuckle over Asher's fear of Santa abducting him. He is so cute! Seriously, though, why do we torture our kids by putting them on a strange man's lap? :) I don't push my kids to sit on his lap either.
'My' love kids misusing pronouns. That's hilarious.
Great Christmas pictures, it is fun to see how other families celebrate! Have a great new year.
Looks like a fun Christmas! I can't wait to see Kaia's art projects!
Post a Comment