Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Dinosaur museum, Park, Hot dog and cupcake!"

Originally, we thought Peter might have to work yesterday, but he didn't have to after all. When Kaia crawled in bed with us Saturday morning, Peter told her he got to stay home. She started clapping her hands and smiling. Then Peter asked what she wanted to do for the day and she immediately said, "Go to the dinosaur museum, park, get a hot dog and a cupcake!" That's basically what we did, although not in that order. We didn't take many pictures since we've done all these things several times, but here's a picture of Asher enjoying his Magnolia's cupcake:


We discovered these boulders that people were climbing all over. The kids were having a great time until Asher jumped and landed on his knees like he does when he jumps from our coffee table to our couch (the kids makeshift playground since we don't have a backyard); Peter's comforting him in this picture.


One of the more interesting moments of the day happened as we were walking along with the kids in the stroller. All of a sudden Peter heard Asher say, "Daddy, yucky," and holding his hand out. As it turns out, a bird pooped on Asher's head and then Asher got it on his hand. Lucky guy!

We also walked by the temple so the kids could see "Captain Angel Moroni." Afterwards, Asher kept pointing to the little horse logo on his polo shirt and saying it was an angel!

7 comments:

Lulu said...

it was a beautiful day to be out! glad you guys were able to enjoy it w/ peter.

Johanna said...

Oh how I would love one of those cupcakes right now!

Jess said...

Saturdays with Dad are the best! Dave has been so busy working/studying the last couple of months that we're dying for one ourselves.
Mmmmm, Magnolia... :)

brighton quinn said...

I can't wait to come see you guys in New York. I for sure will be there the end of April for my New York Showcase and then Jordan will join me closer to May 1st. Can we come play with you then? YAY!

Naomi said...

I haven't had a Magnolia's cupcake in forever. Hmmmmm, just might have to take a special trip into the city. Yummmmmmm! Looks like you had a fun day and so glad Peter could spend it with you. I love those kind of days.

Erica said...

Mmmh...Magnolia. Looks like a perfect day!!

gretchen said...

I love the cupcake picture--I'm so jealous. I miss Magnolia's already! Sounds like such a fun day (minus the hurt knees and bird poop, of course!).