We've been away from blogland for a while. We spent a wonderful 3 weeks with my whole family in Florida for Christmas. Then we came home to a wonderful stack of Christmas cards from so many of you. Reading them kind of made me regret the fact that we didn't get Christmas cards out this year, but I think I'll use the I-have-a-newborn excuse this year. :) I wanted to let all of you know that the reason you didn't get a card from us isn't that you didn't make our list - we just didn't have a list at all.
In lieu of a card, we thought we'd share this little video with you as a virtual Christmas card. Now, I've had this video uploaded on the blog for a few days but it's taken me a few days to be brave enough to actually post it. I've always been pretty self-conscious; that has waned quite a bit as I've aged, but there's still something about watching yourself sing that's a bit unnerving. But all in all I find this video pretty funny. Don't watch it if you'll be grossed out by a little boy being a boy. :) Asher puts on a pretty good show starting at about 47 seconds and again at 1 min 35 seconds. In the video, the music and lyrics of the song we're singing were written by my very talented mother-in-law, Vickie. We're not going to win any awards for family musical productions, but I have a feeling this will be a cherished family video for a long time to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Merry Christmas =) I love the song, and that was a great rendition with three very young children!
Hi there! Thank you for stopping by our blog and commenting. I'm so glad you liked my Bloom post! I was a bit nervous to post it (because I would love to pretend I don't have a problem with yelling), but I'm so glad I got it out there and have even more motivation to really stop.
Also, I wanted to tell you that I love natural birth too! I just read you birth story and I loved and I could totally relate with what you said. Giving birth naturally changed my life. I have so much more confidence in myself and just feel like I can do anything now!
Anyway, thanks again! I think we should be blog buddies. You have a beautiful family and I hope you don't mind if I pop by again. And we're basically neighbors, right?
Ahhh, I loved it! What a cute little family and I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Amazing! Miss you guys!
what a wonderful video maile! it is so sweet to watch your kids interact and asher is such a perfect little boy!!! and i love how kaia can barely wait for the song to be done so she can watch it :-) so cute and endearing. i can't wait till we have a sibling for edie and we can make memories like this!!
That is adorable! We miss you.
What do you mean a totally "boy" thing to do...I still pick my nose and wipe it on the furniture. Isn't where boogers go?
Loved it!
cute! welcome back Von Trapp family! I think the kissing and the nose picking choreography was AMAZING!
Thatta boy Asher! He is truly a boy. It was great to see your family, hope you had a wonderful holiday season!
What a cute video...i was dying to see what Asher was going to do since you prewarned us... i was expecting something more disgusting like what happens with the 2 boys at my house! He is so cute...as are all your kids.
Merry Christmas!!
And beautiful voices btw.
You guys did a great job...I don't think I would ever post my family singing. When I watch our home videos of birthdays Jeff and I are always singing in two different keys for some reason...or we start out together and by the end it sounds aweful and not even like the birthday song. Oh, and Asher wiping his boogies on the chair was hilarious. If we only knew what was on all of our furniture. :)
Post a Comment