Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mornings

First thing in the morning is one of my favorite times of day, especially when I'm still in bed and both kids come to snuggle. At that time of day, my brain hasn't started going enough for me to be distracted from the fun I'm having with my kids. I'm so much better at relishing the joy of those moments first thing of the day. This morning, Kaia said a lot of funny things one after another right after she and Asher climbed in bed with me as Peter was on his way to an early-morning Church meeting.

Kaia gave Asher a hug from behind and exclaimed, "I'm huggin' his tub!"

As Asher was laying on me giving me a big hug, Kaia laughed and said, "I can see his little bummy!" (He was fully clothed at the time.)

Then Kaia asked me, "Why do we call him Asher?" Me: "Because that's his name." Kaia laughs hysterically.

Then Asher started talking about a ball he saw somewhere and Kaia said, "Lights are little balls. I need to burn them all out." (She has a strange fascination with the lights in our house burning out. Part of it is that she loves when Peter gets the ladder out to change them; she's always climbing almost as high as him - those darn rock climbing genes.)


You may remember a post a little while ago about True Love's Kiss. Well, instead of being a one time activity, this has become a game in our house, as in, "Mommy, I want to play True Love." Kaia, Asher, and I were playing said game while Peter caught a quick nap after his early-morning meeting. The game has become more complicated. Now the one playing the evil queen approaches with the apple (yes, you must take a bite of a real apple before you fall into your deep sleep) and says, "One bite, and this will all disappear," (a line you may recognize from Enchanted, if you have seen it). One of the times I was in a deep sleep this morning (pretending to bite the apple since today is fast Sunday for us), Kaia gave me a lovely peck and then asked, "You're the nice queen, aren't you?" I'm glad she thinks so.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

My family loves Enchanted as well and I'm glad to see you guys have a game and everything for it! Those are some funny kids you have!

Erica said...

I really need to see this movie. I love mornigs too. Well, as long as they don't start before the sun comes up. Then I really despise them.

Anonymous said...

i love when kids laugh at dumb things. It makes me laugh too. Asher is getting so big!

Naomi said...

What cute things your kids are saying and doing. It's so funny what they pick up.

Sara said...

You guys have such smart kids! I am amazed! They will do great things someday.

I also loved the recipe I am really wanting to try the quinoa, I love the amounts of protein and fiber in it. Thanks for sharing!

Kristina said...

Hey when are you coming to Utah again? Anytime this Summer?

Brandon and Sienna said...

I love Enchanted too. I can't wait to watch all the Disney movies with my kids. That is one of the things I am most excited for!!!

Mistie said...

Enjoy those morning moments while you can! I used to savor those snuggle times to. Once Ashy was in school everyday- those snuggle times only happened on weekends. I really missed it. Now that he isnt in school and we are at Grandmas- he escapes to Granny's bed once his eyes open in the morning. Maybe if we get into a house- i'll get some snugglin again!!