We went with my mom, grandma, and sister to the beach our last week in Thailand. I thought I didn't like the beach, but I realized I'd just forgotten what it's like to be a kid at the beach. I loved watching Kaia enjoy all the little things that make the beach so fun for kids - collecting seashells, making sandcastles, getting buried over and over and over again up to her neck or with a mermaid fin (thus making Ariel her new favorite Disney princess), and making pretend sand food. My mom taught her the word scrumdidlyumptious (I found the spelling
here). Kaia had a hard time with that whole word so she kept telling me she was making "scrumpshy-lumpshy-ous" food! Here are a couple pictures of the kids enjoying the beach:


Asher had a major obsession with this big pot of water, which was on the stairs leading back to the resort from the beach so you could wash the sand off your feet. He would've played with this all day if I'd let him!

And here's Asher at the pool showing off his other obsession - his belly button:

This sign was hanging in a restaurant we ate at while at the beach. The tables at the restaurant were right on the sand. The sign made me a little nervous...why did they have to specify their food is clean?? But I certainly did feel at home - I gaze out at the ocean as I eat my dinner all the time!
2 comments:
So fun! I don't necessarily like the beach either but I think that's just because of the water issues and too many kids to hold with my two hands! But, I think my kids would love playing in the sand too! Such a blast!
I like that sign. I can't promise when you come over to my house that the food is clean, or good for that matter. Dangit.
Post a Comment