Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a Haul!

Every once in a while I travel to the burbs to get our Honda checkups. I travel 30 miles instead of getting the car checked locally for an extra reason - a FABULOUS kids' consignment store I discovered a couple of years ago. I only stop by this store a couple times a year, but I always find awesome deals. The first time I was ever there I bought my Baby Bjorn for under $30. Well, today they were having a sale of 50% off their already low prices on books, toys, and games. I bought a total of 13 high-quality books, games, and wood puzzles for $26.25, an average of only $2 apiece!! For any of you who live near me, let me know if you're interested in the info. Here's my haul:

On our outing today, I took the kids to Burger King for lunch by myself for the first time ever. The meal went well. Asher obviously loved the milkshake. Kaia was really excited to play in the kids' play area after eating. She started heading up and Asher noticed that she left her shoes at the bottom. He picked them up and carried them up to her, where she declined to take them. He sat there for a minute holding them; then he noticed the holes in the side of the play pen and took the opportunity to drop her shoes through them before I could get to him. Kaia was really devastated! We had to go get the manager to bring the key to open a gate so Kaia could get around the back of the play area to get her shoes. She kept telling me, "Mommy! Next time do NOT let Asher take my shoes and drop them!" Anyway, it made the experience that much more fun!

I've been taking pictures recently of places around town that I want documented for the day we leave the area. This is one of my favorite places. Who wouldn't want to take their car here to get fixed up when they see what they've done with this awesome green car?

2 comments:

Mistie said...

great idea to start taking pictures around town. i scrambled before we left to take some pictures of things to always remember. Love that green car btw!

Sara said...

I love good finds! I like taking pictures of all the places we have lived, houses, surrounding, and favorite haunts. It makes for good memories.