Cleaning is not one of my favorite things to do, but if I'm listening to something interesting at the same time my perseverance improves tremendously. I thought I'd share links to some of my favorite talks. I find them all at byubroadcasting.org.
Home as a Sanctuary: One Mother's Journey by Betsy VanDenBerghe
I appreciated this woman's honesty about what she realized were some of her shortcomings in creating a home that was a sanctuary. Her honesty has helped me more openly acknowledge (to myself, at least) some of my own weaknesses, and hopefully I'm beginning to improve.
The Power of Music to Lift & Teach by Michael Ballam
This one may seem an odd choice, but I was raised listening to talk tapes of Michael Ballam. I find this talk fascinating. He talks about the connection between music and the mind - how inspiring music can help our brains function better. And he breaks out in song throughout his talk!
Knowing Who You Are - And Who You Have Always Been by Sheri Dew
Those who know me well - or who have ever seen me bear my testimony - know that I am a crybaby. I'm not proud of it but I also can't deny it. This talk never fails to inspire me. Just this weekend my tears joined the Murphy's Oil I was mopping the floor with. =)
You Were Born to Lead, You Were Born for Glory by Sheri Dew
True Blue, Through and Through by Sheri Dew
I just love Sheri Dew. When I hear her speak I feel so clearly that she has a great vision about the greatness of women and it inspires me to want to be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
great idea. cool links. i'll have to try it next time cleaning comes around thanks.
Thanks Maile! You are an inspiration to me. Sometimes it's hard in the daily grind of housework to do anything spiritually uplifting. I have enjoyed listening to audiobooks, but this is a really great idea. I've bookmarked this page and will definitely try some out. :)
What a wonderful idea! These all look like great talks - I'll have to check them out! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Maile. I have been letting some of my house stuff build up, so hopefully these will help me out. I swear I am on some kind of extended Holiday hangover. Ha! Ha! Thanks again,
Angie
You are so awesome!! Way to make cleaning inspirational...only you could do that! Thanks for the links. I am excited to delve into them!
Sheri Dew is hands down the best! She is so inspiring, she makes me believe I really am important in the whole scheme of things.
Post a Comment