Thursday, January 17, 2008

We Need An Intervention!

Kaia has cross dressed from time to time of her own free will and choice, but that doesn't seem to bother Peter much as long as it's not in public. But when it comes to Asher, Peter gets VERY concerned with anything even remotely close to cross dressing. However, since Asher is around only girls 99% of the time, we're bound to rub off on him at some point. Yesterday morning at breakfast Kaia informed me that "Asher is a beautiful princess. He wants to wear a dress!" I was shocked that Asher seemed to understand because he marched right into their bedroom and started rifling through her drawers until he found a green dress covered in flowers. I'm NOT kidding - he did this all on this own! I don't think it helps that Asher loves to carry around a mirror Kaia was recently given that lights up when you press a button and tells you uplifting things like, "You're a pretty princess! You're beautiful!" I think Asher has really taken these sayings to heart. Anyway, to save Peter from a heart attack, I did NOT put Asher in the dress. But then today Kaia got her heart set on wearing boy clothes. She dressed herself, as you'll be able to tell from the pictures. And the good mom that I am, I did let Asher put this pink jacket on so all my blog-reading friends and family can see how he'd look as a girl!

6 comments:

Becca said...

You can tell Peter that Chris grew up with all girls (until he was 14) - so his early years were spent playing 'house' with his sisters, dressing up, and playing Barbies. He turned out great . . . and very well-rounded, I might add. But, Chris does draw the line on fingernail polish - Caleb is not allowed near it!

Liz Stanley said...

oh my gosh they are getting so big! we miss you guys, does kaia like primary now?

Rhett, Angie, and Rion said...

Ha! Ha! That is great! Your kids are too funny.

Erica said...

at least now you know that asher makes a much studlier man than a very pretty girl! That's a relief, sort of, right? They are the cutest kids!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Since Caden spends most of his time with me, he too tries to do girly things to be like me. He's put on my deodorant, my lipstick, my blush, tried to curl his eyelashes, and even tried to wear my bra. Whenever I put on nail polish, he wants to do that too.

Sara said...

I am glad you found us! I love your pictures and fun stories. They are all so what happens!