Grandma Vickie just couldn’t let her leave the store without it since Kaia carried her duck all through the store, and it was 25% off! On our way home, Kaia was explaining to me that, “We need to make a dress for my duck, Mommy. With yarn. Will you knittle it for me, Mommy?” I have definitely rubbed off on this child. After I agreed to “knittle” it for her (I actually crocheted it), Kaia proceeded to inform me that her duck also needs shoes, hair, a necklace, and a crown made of yarn. I decided to stop while I was ahead. Here is Simma the Duck showing off her newly knittled dress:
Monday, January 7, 2008
Simma the Duck
We have a few standard things we do whenever certain people come to visit us here. With Peter’s family, one of the things we do without fail is head to Zabar’s, a delightful grocery store on the Upper West Side, where we pick up olives, cheese, and bread. Erick & Nicholai, Peter’s brothers, usually head next door to grab some H&H bagels (This last trip Nicholai singlehandedly finished off 5 or 6 bagels and a half pound of cream cheese in one sitting! But we can't figure out where all that food goes; he probably weighs 10 pounds less than me even though he's got at least 6 inches in height on me!). Then we walked over to Central Park to enjoy our bounty. We had some incredibly warm weather for December so we let the kids burn off some energy at a playground in the park. Then we walked to FAO Schwarz, the large toy story at the southeast corner of the park. As soon as we got into FAO, Kaia dashed across the aisle and grabbed this “duck” (she won’t even hear of it being called a goose):

Grandma Vickie just couldn’t let her leave the store without it since Kaia carried her duck all through the store, and it was 25% off! On our way home, Kaia was explaining to me that, “We need to make a dress for my duck, Mommy. With yarn. Will you knittle it for me, Mommy?” I have definitely rubbed off on this child. After I agreed to “knittle” it for her (I actually crocheted it), Kaia proceeded to inform me that her duck also needs shoes, hair, a necklace, and a crown made of yarn. I decided to stop while I was ahead. Here is Simma the Duck showing off her newly knittled dress:
Grandma Vickie just couldn’t let her leave the store without it since Kaia carried her duck all through the store, and it was 25% off! On our way home, Kaia was explaining to me that, “We need to make a dress for my duck, Mommy. With yarn. Will you knittle it for me, Mommy?” I have definitely rubbed off on this child. After I agreed to “knittle” it for her (I actually crocheted it), Kaia proceeded to inform me that her duck also needs shoes, hair, a necklace, and a crown made of yarn. I decided to stop while I was ahead. Here is Simma the Duck showing off her newly knittled dress:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are truly amazing! That duck dress is priceless!! And what a fun day you described. You have got to give me these details so I can go in search of fun grocery stores, etc.
I love it! I was skeptical how you could fit a dress on a duck, but you surpassed all imagination!
Ha! Ha! Thats great! Kia is so cute. Rion got some dress up clothes for Christmas, so Kia will have to come over and try them out with her.
love ya,
Angie
Post a Comment