It reminds me of some of the things we've seen at the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). I particularly like the turquoise sleeve. We used one of my scrapbooking toys to make it. Basically we made a crayon rub over a texture template. I drew the garishly huge eyes and Kaia did the cute little mouth and nose. Here's the result up close:
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Modern Art
One of Kaia's favorite art activities is having me trace her on a large ream of paper and then coloring it together. This picture shows our most recent attempt:

It reminds me of some of the things we've seen at the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). I particularly like the turquoise sleeve. We used one of my scrapbooking toys to make it. Basically we made a crayon rub over a texture template. I drew the garishly huge eyes and Kaia did the cute little mouth and nose. Here's the result up close:
It reminds me of some of the things we've seen at the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). I particularly like the turquoise sleeve. We used one of my scrapbooking toys to make it. Basically we made a crayon rub over a texture template. I drew the garishly huge eyes and Kaia did the cute little mouth and nose. Here's the result up close:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is awesome. You are such a good mommy. I love the detail work. Dang girl!!
That is soooo cool! I bet kaia had a blast. Oh, and you should take it to the MOMA, they should be lucky to display your work there. It's awesome!
Definitely could be in the MOMA. Kaia's so lucky to have such a creative mom. She should start calling you moma mama
Thanks, Ruth, I like moma mama - I'm going to see if Kaia wants to start calling me that!
Post a Comment