Thursday, March 13, 2008

Coming Home

My parents's computer went on the fritz about a week into our vacation, so I've felt out of the loop until we arrived home Tuesday. I've had blogs and e-mails to read and these entries to write and get out of my head. We had a really fabulous time with my family in Thailand. We were sad to leave the warmth of Thailand, but there always comes a point when we long for home and our normal routines.

We are having a much better recovery from jet lag coming home than when we went to Thailand for a few reasons: 1. I caught a cold on the trip to Thailand 2. We are at home and I think the kids are falling back into their normal patterns of sleep 3. I have Peter to help me divide and conquer so the kids aren't getting each other wound up for hours at a time in the middle of the night. We arrived home around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning. We let the kids have a 2 hour nap, but then it became our mission to keep them up all day so they would sleep at night. Poor Kaia was so tired she was falling asleep everywhere. We went to Costco that afternoon to get out of the house, and Kaia was about to lay down on the road to sleep!

Here's Ash being really sweet with his sister when they were both exhausted that afternoon:

You can tell Asher was really happy to see his Daddy again by the enthusiasm of his hugs:

I post the following picture with the thought that if I help anyway consider a trip to Thailand in the future for the awesome shopping (not to mention the food, massages, beaches, etc.), I will have accomplished something good. So, anyway, here are the shoes I bought in Thailand for a grand total of - drumroll, please - $30!! That's right, $6 a pair. Why would Peter even need to ask if I really needed that many new pairs?

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, now I officially need to go to Thailand to go shoe shopping!!! As if I didn't have enough reasons to start with!

Katie said...

I'm so glad that you guys made it home okay! Darling shoes! You really need to take us with you sometime. :) I would love to see Thailand as well, and your family too. I'm sorry we weren't able to see you guys this week, but we are hoping to see you soon. I loved your other posts as well. The pictures at the beach were so cute!

Jess said...

Summer sandal season, here you come!

Brandon and Sienna said...

wow those shoes are so cute. I really need some more. I thought 30 pairs of shoes was enough, but after I saw yours I need way more!!!

Erica said...

Have I mentioned my jealousy enough yet? Probably not. Dang girl. What an awesome trip. And those soveniers/shoes are awesome. $6 a pair. Why do I live here again??

Sara said...

Welcome back! We are glad we get to live vicariously through you! I love the beach pictures and the food. I have fallen in love with Thai food and have tried to fix some (not nearly close to yours)but a student none the less. Everyone seems to think the shoes are a hit, and why not!