Sunday, July 13, 2008

Husband Tag

I was tagged ages ago by my friend, Kristi (I didn’t forget, Kristi – it’s just been a busy month!). I wanted to do this last Wednesday, July 9th, because it was 7 years ago that day that we got engaged! But I was busy getting ready for vacation (we’re in Florida on a DisneyWorld trip, so I probably won’t post again until we get home). This tag is mostly about Peter, and I thought it would be fun for those of you who don’t know him well to get to know him a little better through this tag.

1. What is his name? Peter Soren Christensen

2. How long have you been together? Since 2001



3. How long did you date? 1 month to the day, then we were engaged 4 ½ months

4. Who eats more? Normally Peter, when I’m nursing me, and I definitely eat more desserts

5. Who said 'I love you' first? I did - we were sitting in the Beijing Zoo having the typical discussion – “How do you know when you’re in love?” Peter was having a hard time spitting it out so I said it first, followed immediately by him.

6. Who is taller? Peter by 5 inches



7. Who sings better? My voice is better but Peter is better at making up silly songs



8. Who is smarter? Me =) …but Peter says, “I got the beauty and she got the brains.”

9. Who does the laundry? Me, me, and me…but Peter would help if he weren’t so busy.

10. Who does the dishes? Me. I’m a little anal about the way the dishwasher is loaded.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Peter


12.Who pays the bills? Peter

13. Who mows the lawn? Lawn? What lawn? But Peter does fantasize about having one because he really loves to the mow the lawn!



14. Who cooks dinner? I do during the week, but Peter often takes care of Sunday dinner

15. Who drives when you are together? Peter

16. Who is more stubborn? I asked Peter and he pointed at me; he’s probably right.

17. Who kissed who first? Peter made this move right after the aforementioned “I love you” confessions.

18. Who asked who out first? We started dated unofficially on our study abroad trip to China; we were running together one evening when Peter all of a sudden asked, “So when are we going to start dating?” I almost fell on my face I was so surprised. I’d had a big crush on him for a long time, but I’d just given up thinking anything would ever happened. When he asked this question on our run, I thought he was playing a joke on me since it was so obvious I liked him. But he was just horribly oblivious for a long time.

19. Who proposed? Peter

20. Who is more sensitive? Definitely me


21. Who has more friends? Do coworkers and classmates count for Peter? He doesn’t have much time aside from work or school to pursue friendships. So I have more friends.

22. Who has more siblings? I do (2 brothers, 2 sisters); Peter has 2 brothers and 1 sister

23. Who wears the pants in the family? Peter’s answer: “Probably you.” Actually, I think we have a very balanced relationship.

I won’t tag anyone in particular, but if any of you want to be tagged, I’d love to learn more about you and your husbands.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for doing the tag! Good to know more about you guys! Disney World???? Oh man! Fantastic. Hope the kids are loving it. I want to hear all about it when you get home.

Erica said...

That was a totally fun post!! And Disney World? Awesomeness! I can't wait to read all about it.
Have fun!!

Lulu said...

haha, maile i love it!
if you wanna tag me, i'd love to put up some info about carlos.
hope you're having fun in florida!
be safe!

Grammadebs said...

Maile..are you brushing up on your floridian accent? FUN! Hope everyone is having a grand time. (wish I graduated and got a great grad gift!) Tell your ma hello for me! Loveyour sweet blogand fam.
Aunt debi

Brittany said...

Congratulations, Peter, on your graduation! What a super accomplishment for all of you. :)