Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Rea(d)y go!!"

Every morning recently, Asher wakes up, "Rea(d)y go!!" Usually he wants to go to the park, but at dinner tonight he told us again that he was "Rea(d)y go!" Kaia asked, "Do you want to go see Jesus, Asher?" to which he responded with an enthusiastic, "Yeah!"

Today as I was getting ready in the bathroom, I turned around and Kaia said, "Let's take a picture of us, Mom!" Asher was in the mood to pose with Kaia and, after looking at it on the camera after I took it, his response was, "Oh, cue!" I love this picture for so many reasons. First, my kids look so sweet and angelic here. Ha ha ha. Second, Kaia has her shoes on backwards, which is just so typical. Third, Kaia has her shoes decorated with stickers and an animal sticker on her shirt, which are also things so typical of her. Fourth, Asher has a football in his hands - these days he's pretty much always found carrying something, whether it's a ball or a truck or a frisbee or some other object that moves.

This was Asher posing for the camera a little bit later. A little strange?!? But oh so cute... And you might recognize that fluffy white lump in the background as Kaia's chicken costume from Halloween last year. The $16 I spent on that costume has gone further to entertain than any other $16 I've ever spent. Kaia was sure she was going to the park in it today until I convinced her it really would be too hot in the 80+ degree weather.

And here's a great picture I can show Asher in the Blurb book we make of our blog to show what a helpful cleaner he was at this age.

5 comments:

Brandon and Sienna said...

Yeah!! Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see your family in a week.

Brandon and Sienna said...

where's a new post?/?

Carma said...

I heard him saying "Rea(d)y go!!" yesterday at church - sooo cute!!

Mistie said...

What cute kids. I love when you capture their personalities so much in a picture. i always remember the backward shoes with Kaia...she is so funny.
miss you guys!

Erica said...

I am really in love with your children. Kind of verging on obsession. You might want to keep them away from me...I might not give them back.