This was another one of those great memories from our time there. It reminded me of the days when I was a kid in Thailand and we would dance in the rain. We got Asher situated on Sienna's lap and we headed to our car in squishy sneakers.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Kali Rapids
Disney's Animal Kingdom was a big hit with us. There were lots of fun shows for those of us who enjoyed sitting a while. And there were some more adventurous rides for the men like the Mt. Everest ride. Peter convinced me to go with him on the water rapids ride, Kali Rapids, and I in turn helped convince Kaia to come with us (in other words, we bribed her with the promise of a Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream after the ride.) She did really well on the ride until the two of us ended up on the bottom when we went down a hill and we both got drenched. After that, she was pretty unhappy until we got off the ride. While we were walking out looking for the ice cream, Kaia told me, "That was NOT the bestest thing ever!" Kaia then stayed with Grandma Mary while the rest of us went on the ride one more time. Just as we were starting the ride, the heavens opened and rain was dumping on us. I was already pretty wet from the previous ride, but now I was just drenched. And we completely stopped caring. By the time we made it down, we were really just soaked through:

This was another one of those great memories from our time there. It reminded me of the days when I was a kid in Thailand and we would dance in the rain. We got Asher situated on Sienna's lap and we headed to our car in squishy sneakers.

This was another one of those great memories from our time there. It reminded me of the days when I was a kid in Thailand and we would dance in the rain. We got Asher situated on Sienna's lap and we headed to our car in squishy sneakers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I bet all that water felt good in that hot Florida weather. I remember the summer I spent there and the crazy rain storms. It could be raining like crazy and one street down there was no rain at all. Christopher sure is glad Kaia is back though. :)
Exactly! When it was dumping on us it wasn't even raining at Epcot Center where Sienna's friend, Amy, was working.
Post a Comment