Monday, October 20, 2008

An Assortment

For those of you who read the blog for cute stories of the kids...

This is a picture of the kids hiding from "Earthshake" - from Land Before Time - the kids are still in dinosaur mode. Kaia does have panties on:


While climbing around at the playground this afternoon, Kaia told me, "I said a long prayer, Mommy. I prayed that we would live forever. I thought it was a really good prayer."

In the middle of sacrament meeting at church yesterday, Kaia decided that the tights she had on were too sweaty. She began to strip them off but unfortunately her panties came down with the tights just as her dress came up. They were like this for a couple of mortifying moments until Peter was able to pull them up for her. I leaned forward to hide behind my hair because I was laughing so hard. As far as we know, no one else actually noticed.

I was talking with my mom on the phone this morning. I asked Kaia if she wanted to talk to Grandma Mary, to which she characteristically responded, "No! I'm not in the mood right now!" But we can always count on Asher to be happy about talking on the phone. He told Grandma Mary about a fish toy he was holding in his hand and a couple other things before declaring, "Good bye!" Then as I began talking with my mom again, Asher suddenly said, "My need Grandma!" I'm pretty sure that Grandma would have given him anything he wanted after that sweet declaration.

Kaia helped me take the trash out a couple nights ago when the sky was a dark blue. She declared, "The sky is as blue as a marker!" I love getting glimpses of how kids interpret the world.

I've been trying to encourage Kaia to be more independent when it comes to going to the bathroom. She always wants me to come with her even though she knows how to go by herself. I told her to go in and go potty while I got Asher up from his nap. He was in a cuddly mood so I sat on Kaia's bed holding him. Kaia marched in with a scowl on her face and her fists pounding against the sides of her naked body. She said: “I want you with me all the time when I go to the bathroom or else I will be so scared! And I will be so angry!” I jokingly said, “But you look so happy right now!” All of a sudden she scrunched her nose up and started to laugh hysterically. She snapped right out of her brewing bad mood.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for the stories! I love Asher too, but I must admit Kaia is one of my favorites. I love her perspective on the world.

Kristi said...

Your kids crack me up so I'm always in the mood for funny stories from them. They sound like great friends!

Becca said...

Love the tights/panties story about Kaia. Hannah has had that problem a couple of times. Then we noticed Emma was wearing pink underwear under her white skirt on Sunday but we were already at church and what could you do, but just smile :)

Katie said...

Chris and I got a great chuckle over your stories, especially Kaia and her tights. So much fun!

Kristina said...

lol... the minds of children are so funny, and so fun to hear and enjoy. What did she name the baby? how are they all doing? will you get to go see her?