Sunday, October 19, 2008

Color

I love color. Anyone that knows my parents knows that this runs in the family. My dad prided himself on the fact that there was not a single white wall in their home in Utah. Peter and I painted the walls in our last home, a rental, and then we painted our walls before we moved into our current home. And I LOVE the painted walls. Our main colors are yellow and orange. When Peter first suggested painting our walls orange I thought he was crazy. But I have fallen completely and madly in love with orange walls. I just feel happier when I see them. Anyway, as strange as it may sound, the thought has repeatedly occurred to me that one of the ways I know God loves us is because he gave us beautiful colors.

We did an art project a few weeks ago that involved lots of color. Kaia helped me die lots of pasta; even though we had some friends over to make pasta necklaces, we still have a ton left over to use for future projects.


I especially love beautiful, vibrant colors in nature, in pretty paper or other crafting supplies :), and on walls. And Kaia has made me a true convert to turquoise - not a bright turquoise but the color as it looks in these photos. What are some of your favorite colors or where do you love to see color?

5 comments:

Emily said...

That pasta activity was really fun. I love color too, though mostly in nature. We took our annual fall foliage trip this weekend and the colors were amazing. I wish camera's really captured it, but it's so much better in real life.

Erica said...

One of my favorite things about you is your love of color...your home is one of the happiest places I know. I love it!

Kristi said...

My bedroom in my parents basement I painted 3 different shades of pumpkin and it is still one of my favorite rooms!

Katie said...

I love the color in your house! It makes your space seem very alive. This is a great season for color. Our leaves are starting to change. We have some big trees on our property and I have been anxiously awaiting for them to reveal their fall beauty. Thanks for the fun post!

Sara said...

I think your home reflects you guys and the many talents you have. You always do so many fun projects with your kids.