Peter carved the pumpkin's face based on a drawing Kaia drew for him of what she wanted it to look like:
Earlier in the afternoon, the kids and I headed to the playground for a little while. Kaia, who still spends a good part of her day running around in her underwear (as you can see from the picture above), picked out the outfit in the following picture. Do you notice anything? (Hint: think color) My girl, whose favorite color has been turquoise for so long, has declared that pink is now her favorite color. I don't know why that makes me a little sad - maybe because it means she's growing up and her tastes are changing, maybe because I have come to absolutely LOVE turquoise.
And my little Asher, who was in such a lovely 2 year old mood today (ha ha), is just as happy as can be running around the playground:

3 comments:
I love that her favorite color was turquoise...usually not the norm of a little girl...but that is so cute!! When they start getting opinions about things...it does mean they are growing up...sniff, sniff... i understand your pain!
Cute pumpkin Kaia! You were smart to carve yours later. We did ours a litte early and not it's in the back yard all shrivled and old. It does look rather Halloweeney though. I like the pink outfit too.
Tee hee! I can totally see Kaia drawing up the pumpkin plans and saying "K-dad, this is what the pumpkin is sposed to look like." So funny! I'm gonna miss when you ask Kaia what color she wants and it's not going to be turquoise anymore. The way she says it is too cute!
Post a Comment