Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stories

I have always loved stories. Growing up, President Monson was my favorite apostle because he always told so many stories. And one (of the many) reasons I love scrapbooking is because it gives me an opportunity to capture some of the little and big stories of our lives. The day I learned about my dad's attack, I felt frozen. I couldn't do anything that day. I didn't care to cook, tidy up, etc. But the next day my creative side exploded. I scrapbooked like crazy night after night. I think the reminder of how fragile life is spurred me on to scrapbook some of the memories that had been floating around in my head.

Now I've learned of a FREE online class that can help anybody else who is interested in stories. Jessica Sprague, a digital scrapbooker, is teaching the class, but you don't have to be a scrapbooker to take this class. Here are the details:


Will you join me in learning more about capturing our stories?

And my dad's recovery is going remarkably well. The doctor's were able to remove all his staples. He can't fly until a wound in his chest heals (the doctor thought he was joking when he asked about flying so soon after the attack - he obviously doesn't know my dad well :)). Hopefully he'll be able to fly by next month or he'll have to drive out to my brother's wedding!

5 comments:

Jennie and Adam said...

I'm so excited to check out this class. My love of stories and writing shaped my college career! I think living the stories that we write now is wonderful.

P.S. Thanks for your "running to-do" list idea. I like that a lot!

Lisa said...

This class looks great! Thanks for sharing! And I'm so glad to hear your dad is recovering well. You and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers.

lori said...

Maile! I'm just catching up on your blog and have been SOBERED by your last few posts! We'll certainly be praying for your dads quick recovery - and we'll join you in feeling grateful for miracles. HOW SCARY!! SO GLAD he's alright!!

Mom said...

We have been following your father's ordeal. We are SO GRATEFUL that he is recovering so well. The Lord is good!

Mom said...

It's me, Betsy ...I've tried to get out of being Mom on the blog but it's not working. Sorry about that!