Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bloglines

I wanted to share with all of you a website that helps manage the blogs you read. My friend Becca told me about Bloglines, but it took me a long time to actually sign up for it. I finally got tired of clicking through every blog in the list of those I visit to see if anyone had updated. That's where Bloglines comes in. Go to Bloglines.com and you can sign up for a free account. Then go to the Feeds tab. Here you can search for and enter in any of the blogs you read. Once you do this, you need to select the option to "Mark all read." Then, every time you get on the site, it will show you a number next to any blog that has been updated. Using this site has SIGNIFICANTLY cut down on the time I take to check blogs. Instead of checking individual blogs, I know within seconds if any blog has been updated. I thought I would pass this information on in the hopes that it might be useful to anyone else!

A quick story of Kaia - she's not overly affectionate usually, but today she asked very nicely if she could sit on my lap while she ate lunch and I agreed. After a little while, she put her arm around me and was stroking my back. I thought, Wow, this is so sweet! She hardly ever does this. After sitting in solitude like this for a couple moments, Kaia observed, "Looks like I'm wiping something on your back!" WHAT?!? So much for sweetness. As it turns out, she was wiping an unwanted nectarine peel on the back of my shirt.

And here are a couple pics of Asher having a "Toilet Picnic" - so sanitary, I know - while Kaia was in the bath.



Wanting to share:

7 comments:

Brandon and Sienna said...

Wow, I am definitely going to try that. I think Brandon and I will start weekly bathroom picnics, just for the memory of Ash.

Erica said...

I use Google Reader. Same sort of thing. Definitely adds convenience to the stalking factor!! I love that story of Kaia...she is such a crack up. I think a bathroom picnic sounds great. Maybe we will have to try that out today!

Allison said...

yeah we're in love with google reader. any difference that you've found?

Maile said...

Bloglines is the first of these tools that I've used so I'm not sure the difference.

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

Love bloglines...definitely is saving me time going through every single persons blog everyday. Thanks for the tip maile.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info about bloglines..i set it up and it does save so much time!

Naomi said...

Hmmm, never heard of bloglines. Just might have to try it out. Oh, and love Asher's bathroom picnic time! Tooo cute!