We've had a bit of a difficult time adjusting to the time difference. The first night Kaia slept for about 3 hours until 1 a.m. Then I think she was up the rest of the night - I'm not sure about this because I was in and out of sleep the whole night because she kept poking me and saying, "Mommy, I need to hold your hand. Mommy, I really miss my Daddy (lots of tears). Mommy, I'm very hungry." The next morning, Kaia told her Uncle Jordan: "I didn't sleep at all last night! I cried, and I needed a tissue, and I talked, and I didn't sleep at all!" Pretty accurate. Yesterday she was running only on adrenaline and literally ran in circles for most of the day. We took the kids swimming to get them really tired for bed. I'm not actually trying to wink in this picture, but I included it because I think it's funny. It was so bright I couldn't keep my eyes open.

By about 5:30 in the evening, both of them had crashed. I'm shocked Kaia made it that long. Last night we all got a much better night of sleep, although I'm now battling a cold and Asher still isn't feeling tiptop. I guess everything can't be perfect in paradise, right?


8 comments:
Your squinting is hilarious! I want to be somewhere where I can squint too! Oh, it looks so warm and sunny there. We woke up to a ton of snow this morning and it hasn't stopped snowing all day. I'd say you travelled at the perfect time. Oh, and so glad that your kiddos did really good on the plane. We were chatting at preschool the other day and were all hoping that your long flight went well for you.
I'm glad you made it, and without major incident! Though I wouldn't want that flight, the sight of the pool and sun sure is tempting...
Bless your heart for traveling that far with 2 kids! Glad it went well though and you're getting used to it there. Enjoy the good weather. This Utah weather blows!!!
So glad you made it and the kids did well. Hope everyone gets feeling better soon. Please tell your family hello for me.
Thanks again for having us over last week--we always have a great time with you guys!
How nice to be there with the family! I am so glad your nice loong flight was fun? You are a pretty brave woman for going on your own. But think of the fun you will have while everyone else is cold!
Crazy that you are all the way in Thailand!! Have so much fun! I'm jealous...!
I'm so glad the flight was ok. I'm so jealous that you are swimming. Live it up because it is so cold back here.
wow, i'm so jealous you're in thailand!!!! and cute story about kaia and the foot massage. henry likes foot massages too (but we call them footsie massage-ies) to him
Post a Comment